Sponsored

Sync 3 daylight saving

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
um it follows the same pattern of changes every year so why would it need to have a signal to the outside world to change the time? It's not so difficult to change it manually but aye in this day and age etc
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Maybe this has been introduced in an update, but unfortunately there is no way of confirming this until next Spring ! Watch this space to see if it goes forward in March !
That would explain it. But then it doesn't explain why mine didn't update automatically. I'm on 20136.
I think WD may be right. Maybe some radio stations broadcast the time through RDS.

um it follows the same pattern of changes every year so why would it need to have a signal to the outside world to change the time? It's not so difficult to change it manually but aye in this day and age etc
Because not all countries follow the same pattern. Some change earlier, some later, and some don't change at all.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Greg, do you want to hear something funny? Someone came today to take a look at the Mondeo, which is up for sale and hadn't been started in the last three weeks, since the Mustang arrived. We took it for a ride, and what do you know? The clock has adjusted itself! :shock:
It has never, ever done that before.
It has no modem, and wi-fi is turned off.
So it must be the V3.4 software (back in March it was still on V3.0).
But apparently V3.4 is not enough, because the Mustang didn't change. Maybe V3.4 is now smart enough to read the time via RDS, but it also needs a radio station to broadcast the time through RDS. The Mondeo was tuned to a different radio station than the Mustang, so that could explain it.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Because not all countries follow the same pattern. Some change earlier, some later, and some don't change at all.
couldn't agree more but since the car knows what timezone the owner has selected, the clock can look up its own tables and confirm whether or not this area has a Summer Time / Winter time shift and also confirm whether said user has selected auto update. Why have auto update feature for the daylight summer savings if it doesn't work it?
Like i say, in the this day and age how a digital time piece cannot work out what time it is anywhere in the work given what timezone to operate in is just lazy programming - thankfully changing the time is simple so for twice a year it's not a problem.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had forgot to check, but noticed tonight that the mustang was correct :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think it is "timely" to resurrect this old thread: did everyone's (in UK) Mustang change back to GMT?
Mine didn't mainly because it was still stuck on GMT over the whole summer. Why, when 25 year old cars and domestic radios even older can do this?

Have the Sync updates made a difference?

With the increased level computerisation in this car over the last model, the simple failing brings new meaning to "spring forward, fall back"

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
yeah mine didn't roll back either. Its not a big issue but just highlights a lack of integrated thinking / integration.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
lucky you :sunglasses:
It also did it in September for a day last year, but apparently it was a time signal fault not the car.

I had a 2017 Mondeo that wouldn't do it, until one day all of a sudden it did and did thereafter. The signal is obviously there but not sure what it triggers or why it does for some and not for others. Wife has a 2021 Kuga and her's didn't change.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
my 12quid DAB alarm changed time just fine, didn't even need to turn on the radio to pick up a signal. Changed overnight, i presume at 2am - i dunno i was sleeping at the time :giggle:

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
....so did my cheapo domestic FM radio, my internet radio (same router that the car is connected to) and dab radio (when off even), so tables are not needed. Also the radio must have been optimised for UK/European use given the difference in frequencies from the US; so why the failure to self-update for certain Mustangs? Looks like really poor execution by Ford - cars from 2000 and before could manage it after all. Yes, I appreciate I can sit there and alter it manually twice a year, but that isn't really the point.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
My VW Arteon doesn’t do it automatically either. I have to go into the settings menu, select time and then tick (or untick) a DST box. It then changes the time forwards or backwards one hour.