Last edited:

Badpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB V6
I'm kind of in the same boat. I want to go with 3.73's. I'm sure the parts will physically fit the aluminium housing used in the automatics with 3.15's. And, an automatic hits a little softer than a manual when you dump the clutch but, will it be strong enough to handle the extra torque load. Mine is never tracked and will only see occasional street romps. However, back to your question, it would probably be a good idea to get one of these too:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-ring-and-pinionstallation-kit-1517.html

Last edited:

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
if you plan on taking the car to the track and putting sticky tires on it (and at some point plan to add a power adder), you'd be wise to replace the entire differential with an iron housing. There's a good chance you will break the aluminum housing.

I ended up breaking mine on the 5th pass ever in the car putting down around 700 rwhp. It broke the two front differential mounts which has happened to others on here too. I replaced the housing with the fully loaded 3.55 iron differential housing on my car.

Tony

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
The 2018 Mustang offers a 3.55 Torsen differential with the EcoBoost PP (unsure if transmission dependent) and also with the GT PP (only with 10-speed auto).

I’m currently trying to find a part number, and where to order.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
The 2018 Mustang offers a 3.55 Torsen differential with the EcoBoost PP (unsure if transmission dependent) and also with the GT PP (only with 10-speed auto).

I’m currently trying to find a part number, and where to order.
FYI the 18 GT PP 10 speed 3.55 Torsen diff is in an iron housing.

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
FYI the 18 GT PP 10 speed 3.55 Torsen diff is in an iron housing.
Correct, as they should be. Sounds like OP, mustang16, is cool with that too. Good idea, since the iron housing is certainly stronger. Even if the aluminum housing might be strong “enough” it doesn’t hurt to overkill the build quality/durability.
Sponsored