Sponsored

Switching from my Pixel 5 to an iPhone 14 when it's released - But what about Carplay?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
So I can plug my Pixel 5 into the arm rest USB cable port and it works. Most of the time. If I move the phone it sometimes disconnects etc.

Android Auto has the Motorola product that was just released that sort of gives WIRELESS Android Auto to the Mustang.

What does Apple have? Anything?

Ideally, I'm looking to be able to just jump in the car and have stuff accessible without having to use clunky wiring.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
Android Auto has the Motorola produce that was just released that sort of gives WIRELESS Android Auto to the Mustang.
What are you referring to exactly? Apple also does wireless Carplay if your vehicle has it built in. Not sure I understand what you are asking.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Android Auto is not Wireless in the Mustang. You have to use a USB-C to USB-A cable and have it hanging out the side of the armrest.

The Motorola plugs into the USB port in the arm rest and then hooks to your phone via BluTooth and basically gives you true wireless android auto experience; plex, waze, spotify etc.

I was going to get the Motorola MA1 or whatever it's called but it's for Android Auto and not iPhone so not really much point in me getting it until I make a final decision on if I'm going to switch or not.

Basically, I want to sit in the car with an iPhone and never have to plug things in.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I want to sit in the car with an iPhone and never have to plug things in
Then get a bluetooth Apple Carplay adapter that you keep plugged into the vehicle at all times and then connects to your phone through bluetooth thus making the connection to the car without any wires that you have to mess with.

Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Then get a bluetooth Apple Carplay adapter that you keep plugged into the vehicle at all times and then connects to your phone through bluetooth thus making the connection to the car without any wires that you have to mess with.
Uh huh, that's what I'm looking for. What are other people using for this task?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yes, something like that. Looking for something to put in my armrest and forget about.

Each time I throw the iPhone into the cup holder it'll just connect and I can stream my music from my own PLEX server.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60