Sponsored

Switching from C7 to GT350?

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Hi folks,

First post here. I currently own a '17 Z51 Stingray. I'd like to switch over to a non "R" GT350.:headbang::headbang: Anyone else make the change?

Anyone have any recommendation for dealerships? I live in L.A. and purchased my Corvette from NH (McMulkin Chevrolet) and had it shipped over. Do these cars still have ADMs other than in California?

Thanks alot guys! If I can find the car out of state, I was thinking of flying over and driving it back to L.A. Any help/suggestions/comments will be truly appreciated.

Happy motoring!:cheers:
Sponsored

texrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Non-R's can be found at or below MSRP nowadays. There are still a lot of 17's out there and I think you can still order an 18.

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
When I was looking for mine, I was dealing with a Ford dealer in Carson. Reasonable price below MSRP of their 2016s, but I was not a fan of the exterior color.

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
I got about 3k off on a non Rmodel last week. Itā€™s a MY 2018. Love it.

Have both a C7Zand this car.. both are awesome and you canā€™t be unhappy with either of them.

Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
Non-R's can be found at or below MSRP nowadays. There are still a lot of 17's out there and I think you can still order an 18.
I believe ordering has been closed. I could be wrong but I did read it elsewhere on this forum

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Thereā€™s a white stripeless 17 model in MD at invoice...quite the road trip for ya lol. But California might be the worst place to shop for one:cheers:

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
I have a C7 Zo6 and just picked up my Shelby 2 days ago from dealership and Im in love :D

They really are different beasts in more ways than one. With my limited ownership of the Shelby, Ill tell you some things off the bat that I can compare

1. Fit and finish of the zo6 interior is much nicer
2. Much more power in the Z down low... that being said after 2 seconds Im going to jail... Where as the shelby comes alive around the 3500 mark.... I really like that

3. The exhaust is KILLER on the Shelby. This everyone obviously knows. Its intoxicating,

4. Im not the tallest guy (5'7 155lbs), so naturally have to sit a little closer than many to properly work the clutch. That being said, the bolsters on the side of the shelby make it a little more difficult to get in and out of the car than the Z. My Z is leather, and the bolsters are nothing like the Shelby. (Probably because Id imagine if they were, most wouldn't even be able to get into the corvette.) No big deal... just something Ive noticed

5. Speakers are WAY better in Corvette.. but the constant gurgle of the exhaust makes it unnecessary to need music.

6. Corvette feels a bit more "darty" to me.. yet the steering tightness on the Shelby feels much tighter. Probably because of the lines on the hood... The corvette is low where the Shelby feels pretty damn big when coming out of the corvette

7. Way more leg room in the Shelby, and much less blind spots

Either way you slice it, you're gonna have a killer car. Im fortunate enough to be able to keep my Z in addition to the Shelby. I can't wait till I have her broken in and can really get on the throttle. I only have 80 miles on her so far.. and I am in LOVE

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
I have a C7 Zo6 and just picked up my Shelby 2 days ago from dealership and Im in love :D

They really are different beasts in more ways than one. With my limited ownership of the Shelby, Ill tell you some things off the bat that I can compare

1. Fit and finish of the zo6 interior is much nicer
2. Much more power in the Z down low... that being said after 2 seconds Im going to jail... Where as the shelby comes alive around the 3500 mark.... I really like that

3. The exhaust is KILLER on the Shelby. This everyone obviously knows. Its intoxicating,

4. Im not the tallest guy (5'7 155lbs), so naturally have to sit a little closer than many to properly work the clutch. That being said, the bolsters on the side of the shelby make it a little more difficult to get in and out of the car than the Z. My Z is leather, and the bolsters are nothing like the Shelby. (Probably because Id imagine if they were, most wouldn't even be able to get into the corvette.) No big deal... just something Ive noticed

5. Speakers are WAY better in Corvette.. but the constant gurgle of the exhaust makes it unnecessary to need music.

6. Corvette feels a bit more "darty" to me.. yet the steering tightness on the Shelby feels much tighter. Probably because of the lines on the hood... The corvette is low where the Shelby feels pretty damn big when coming out of the corvette

7. Way more leg room in the Shelby, and much less blind spots

Either way you slice it, you're gonna have a killer car. Im fortunate enough to be able to keep my Z in addition to the Shelby. I can't wait till I have her broken in and can really get on the throttle. I only have 80 miles on her so far.. and I am in LOVE

Thanks for the comparison!! I've sat in a GT, but not a GT350, and yeah, the C7's interior (especially with the carbon fiber option) has more of a sports car/cockpit feel as well as superior materials.

How would you compare the road noise (exclusing exhaust)?

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
One of my boys has a stingray and i thought it was quieter than my Shelby with the exhaust on. Same when opened up with exhaust off.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I had 3 C7's before... a Z51 coupe, a Z51 conv and then a C7 Z06 and all were manuals. The Z51's were all quieter in ride compared to the non-R GT350 but the Shelby's exhaust sounds better in any rpm range. The R is still the best sounding due to no resonators so you can always do a resonator delete on a non-R if you want. The Z06 sounded great but I still prefer the R sound... it's inimitable.

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
I had 3 C7's before... a Z51 coupe, a Z51 conv and then a C7 Z06 and all were manuals. The Z51's were all quieter in ride compared to the non-R GT350 but the Shelby's exhaust sounds better in any rpm range. The R is still the best sounding due to no resonators so you can always do a resonator delete on a non-R if you want. The Z06 sounded great but I still prefer the R sound... it's inimitable.

Awesome. Thanks for your input!:headbang:

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Thanks for the comparison!! I've sat in a GT, but not a GT350, and yeah, the C7's interior (especially with the carbon fiber option) has more of a sports car/cockpit feel as well as superior materials.

How would you compare the road noise (exclusing exhaust)?

Road noise Id have to say the z06 is much more noticeable/louder. I chalk that up to the wider rear tires, lower to the ground, and fiberglass/plastic composite body.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I drove a C7 for the first time last week. Lexus dealer had a beautiful 2015 red Z51 with 18,000 miles on display. Tons of carbon fiber. I must admit I was tempted by the sexiness. Fortunately it was an automatic. Nearly 50 years of driving (more if you include tractors) and not a single auto. Performance was impeccable. Noise is a different story. As much as the road testers have harped on the GT350 NVH the C7 had way more road noise. It also had a crude vibration at idle sitting at a stoplight. I immediately said to myself during the test drive do I really want to overlook this every single time I am sitting at a light. The decision was made for me when a girl bought the car later that afternoon. That also says something.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
The thing about the Z06 is that it almost feels like the car wants to kill you when you step on it... Even passing others on expressway... when you get on the gas I always have a subtle fishtail... Sure is fun, but scary at same time lol

GT350 I have a bit more confidence in my driving ability...
Sponsored