Sponsored

Switched from Borla S Type to Corsa Touring

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
So have had the car since December and have had a set of Borla s type axle backs on since.

Loved the sound of them, and wouldn't want anything louder, but they had one major problem and that was the drone in the cabin.

They are advertised as no drone, and I've read plenty of people stating they have no drone, but they definitely drone :) so I finally got fed up with them and grabbed some corsa touring axle backs - 2nd hand from gibbo in fact.

Popped them on today and the guys rev'd it up in the garage and it sounded great- was surprised that they didn't sound a kick in the arse off the Borla - they have more of a rip to them but no rasp at all.

So I jumped in the car and took off - and well- holy hell - the sound in the cabin is non existent. Like seriously night and day difference. I had to open the window just to hear it.

Now ... this leaves me with the slight dilemma of whether to pop an h pipe on there.

Anyway - sound bite below for anyone interested - there aren't too many about so thought I'd add to them. You'll have to excuse the engine fan noise - the Lund tune apparently just sets the fan to maximum no matter what you are doing.

In other news - when the car was up I got a good look at my tyres - which turn out to be be nearly bald after 3.7k miles :shrug:
So I've some MPSS on order now too

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Corsa sound cancellation technology is awesome!
Get the H or X pipe on there, it will sound menacing but still silent inside. :D

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Sounds good... You can get Lund to put those fans back to factory settings:)

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Intrigued now by the h pipe ... wonder if it would that setup be louder than the Borla s type- the s type was pretty loud for an axle back I thought

Only downside to the Touring is that I can no longer regally hear the decel burbles / occasional cracks, I expect an h pipe would resolve that

Any recommendations ? Mishimoto / MRT seem easily got over here

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
So have had the car since December and have had a set of Borla s type axle backs on since.

Loved the sound of them, and wouldn't want anything louder, but they had one major problem and that was the drone in the cabin.

They are advertised as no drone, and I've read plenty of people stating they have no drone, but they definitely drone :) ]
OH know they Don't :D
and I have my roof down, today was in the car for around 4 hours, only noise you get is the lovely rumble you get even at low speeds,

Sponsored

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OH know they Don't :D
and I have my roof down, today was in the car for around 4 hours, only noise you get is the lovely rumble you get even at low speeds,
Well tbf .. roof down is going to eliminate the problem, Being that the resonant frequencies are escaping?

Don't get me wrong - exhaust sounds bloody brilliant, but 2000 ish rpm is a problem especially under load ( in the coupe at least )

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

They are advertised as no drone, and I've read plenty of people stating they have no drone
If you're experiencing drone with your Borla system something isn't right because as you state, there are thousands of Borla owners who will attest that they don't drone.

There's math supporting our sound canceling technology which guarantees the elimination of drone. It's not subjective, it's science. So, if you're experiencing drone, something was made incorrectly and we need to fix that for you.

Please use our million mile warranty and hold us accountable if you don't like anything about our products.

You can contact me directly at [email protected] and I will ensure any and all issues are resolved to your satisfaction.

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're experiencing drone with your Borla system something isn't right because as you state, there are thousands of Borla owners who will attest that they don't drone.

There's math supporting our sound canceling technology which guarantees the elimination of drone. It's not subjective, it's science. So, if you're experiencing drone, something was made incorrectly and we need to fix that for you.

Please use our million mile warranty and hold us accountable if you don't like anything about our products.

You can contact me directly at [email protected] and I will ensure any and all issues are resolved to your satisfaction.
Hi David
I did contact Borla directly and explained I had an issue of drone at 1700rpm.
I was told that you have not had any reports of drone in the system and that "if you load the engine and not down shift it might happen"

Other than that I wasn't offered anything regarding a million mile warranty (I'm in U.K.)

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Interesting. I installed Borla S ABs 2 months ago. Definitely more sound inside than in the videos, but I wouldn't call it drone. I had drone in my 10 Camaro.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Other than that I wasn't offered anything regarding a million mile warranty (I'm in U.K.)
My experience is that Borla's million mile warranty, is the best in the business:thumbsup:

I had a resonance in one of my silencers (over a year after fitting the system)

I contacted Borla who asked me to record the noise, as soon as they heard it, I was shipped 2 brand new silencers...:):thumbsup:

Speak to them again, their customer service is legendary:headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My experience is that Borla's million mile warranty, is the best in the business:thumbsup:

I had a resonance in one of my silencers (over a year after fitting the system)

I contacted Borla who asked me to record the noise, as soon as they heard it, I was shipped 2 brand new silencers...:):thumbsup:

Speak to them again, their customer service is legendary:headbang:
I did actually record the noise and posted here not long ago !

Clean
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq3x2w31vpmu0gt/car%20whir.mp3?dl=0

And in isolation
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kabie4iwy1kzmm8/borla%20resonance.mp3?dl=0
check this one between 15s and 25s for the culprit resonant frequency

I'll get in touch again I guess . Assumed I was out of scope because I was outside of US

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyway

Your guys thoughts on volume

i think they are quieter than the borla s type axle backs and want to add a little volume back in

so my options are..
Add X pipe - make it a Corsa Sport catback
Add H pipe - make it a (less raspy?) Corsa Sport catback
or Buy a Corsa Sport Axle Back

i "think" im gonna try the H pipe

guess i'm wondering
a) just how much louder the Corsa Sport Catback is over the Borla S Type Axle back i had on before.
and
b) is the Sport Axle back gonna be louder or quieter than the sport cat back (their literature says the axle back is louder but i find it hard to believe!)

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes, i'll be selling it most likely - [MENTION=23056]david borla[/MENTION] offered to look after me, but looks like he was just keeping up appearances for the forum, as he has yet to reply to any one of my three emails.
Sponsored