Sponsored

Switch from stage 2 whipple to stage 2 p1x?

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
So I have a stage 2 whipple build currently being done by lebanon ford that I placed back in early December. When I placed the order I was informed the whipple would probably be a 12-16 week wait just to receive it which I agreed to; and knew my time was getting closer. Talked to the dealer today and was told my whipple was apparently supposed to ship end of month but is now being pushed back till at least end of April; and possibly longer according to him. I was then Informed that I could switch to a Stage 2 p1x, have a for sure lead time of just 3-4 weeks, and receive some of my money back or use it for other upgrades. I know both are great blowers and have their pros and cons and was interested in both since the beginning, I'm such and indecisive person as it is, I'm about to flip a damn coin...
Sponsored

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
I would switch, I know the Whipple is nice but these wait times are crazy. Besides I like the looks, sound of the Procharger more. They also perform extremely well if you have a 10speed

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I would switch, I know the Whipple is nice but these wait times are crazy. Besides I like the looks, sound of the Procharger more. They also perform extremely well if you have a 10speed
Yeah its a 10 speed with 3.15 gears so i feel like it would stay in boost pretty well.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I would wait given the differences of the two. I like the attributes of the Whipple better.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I would wait given the differences of the two. I like the attributes of the Whipple better.
yeah I feel like I've already waited 12 weeks so what's 6 more... but if that 6 turns into another 10 or 12 i dont even wanna think about it lol. The whipple was my first choice but im a fan of both.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
yeah I feel like I've already waited 12 weeks so what's 6 more... but if that 6 turns into another 10 or 12 i dont even wanna think about it lol. The whipple was my first choice but im a fan of both.

Bottom line is how do you want the torque curve. PD will have the torque come in lower in the rpm range, than the centri. I like the way the torque comes in with the PD.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Both are great blowers. My car is a 19a10 with a d1x and it’s an absolute animal. Too much power for street tires for sure and always in power with the a10. That being said I be driven a number of pd cars and the torque hit is instant. I think you would be happy with either setup and there are pros and cons to both setups

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
been looking this stuff up since I ordered the whipple and so I am very aware of the different driving styles... but thats what makes it so hard is I see the pros of both and know I would be happy with either. Think its time to bust out the quarter.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Took me a year to make up my mind. I still didn't think I made the right choice after I placed the order.

Whipple or P1X, P1X or Whipple? I agree the torque of the Whipple is astonishing. Great blower, I would say the best of the the PD's.

I went the a Stage II P1X; I am more than happy, in fact I am elated. With the A10, you can be in boost in a second, the hit on mine starts at 4k, and it's a ripping animal from there to redline. Around town it drives 100% stock.

The Procharger is very simple and cool running, my IAT's are like it's not even there. So sitting in traffic and idling for long periods is stress free. Also has a dedicated drive belt which I like a lot.

With the Prochaarger there are no coolant lines, no water pumps, no wiring, no cutting and modifying of various hoses, etc.

Both are superb, both make far more power than your stock tires can handle. You can't go wrong with either.

Instead of waiting, you could be ripping . . . . .

Sponsored

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would agree with switching to the procharger. Having the 10 speed you will always be in the powerband. Also no issues with high IAT's like with PD blowers. My 6r80 procharged S197 is making 800+ whp and even only with the 6 speed it is still an animal on the street.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
what kind of power can you expect with just minimal work on a p1x on 93? dont plan on running a fuel system and e85 and most dyno vids ive seen are around the 600 whp mark out the door. With the whipple and what comes in the kits people are making 700-730 whp on 93 with no other mods granted an exhaust maybe. not to say the procharger cant easily match that but would it be a simple job or at 600 whp is it maxed on 93?

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
what kind of power can you expect with just minimal work on a p1x on 93? dont plan on running a fuel system and e85 and most dyno vids ive seen are around the 600 whp mark out the door. With the whipple and what comes in the kits people are making 700-730 whp on 93 with no other mods granted an exhaust maybe. not to say the procharger cant easily match that but would it be a simple job or at 600 whp is it maxed on 93?
The p1x is good for up to 900 or so whp on e85 or race fuel. If you are only gonna run 93 that will limit you to about 700-750 whp. IMO you should keep it under 700 if you want the motor to last on 93. All depends on what size pulley you are running. Guessing the whipple is just pullied for more boost thats why the numbers are higher.

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I believe with the Whipple it runs a 3.875 pully at 10.5 psi which seems to be ok with fuel with the 76 lb injectors and BAP it comes with. Haven't looked as closely into the p1's but saw they come at about 8.5 psi; would you be able to pully down on similar setup?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Everyone says how do you want the power to come in low or high but with the 10r80 it will almost feel the same. From a dig the whipple will make boost about a 1/2 second before the p1x start to make power
Sponsored