Sponsored

Swiggity swooty, mustang fans please do your duty...

OP
OP
dittydefinitive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Non
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost (Premium Plus, Perf. Pack, Ruby Red)
Alrighty everyone, got my mustang. Pretty awesome, but I'm still trying to figure out if the sort of jittering the car does at the first few gears at low speed is normal (or if im just not used to a car with that many gears).

Also, I know that the turbo kicks in at like 3K rpm or something, but does it stay on all the way to redline? I wanna know in case driving on twisty roads what's the best gear range to be in (for example, my previous car had 6 gears, and staying in 2-3rd gear was usually the best bet).
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Alrighty everyone, got my mustang. Pretty awesome, but I'm still trying to figure out if the sort of jittering the car does at the first few gears at low speed is normal (or if im just not used to a car with that many gears).

Also, I know that the turbo kicks in at like 3K rpm or something, but does it stay on all the way to redline? I wanna know in case driving on twisty roads what's the best gear range to be in (for example, my previous car had 6 gears, and staying in 2-3rd gear was usually the best bet).
They're low to mid-range turbo systems, not mid to high-range turbo systems. From what many here report, EBs tend to drop-off the power in higher RPMs.

There's a sub-forum here for EBs should you decide to modify for more power.