Swift Springs - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes & Chassis' started by Liber, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Liber

Liber Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
    0   0   0
    Checking in to see if there's currently any love for swift springs here? I've ordered a set, and hopefully will get around to installing them in the next few weeks once all of my tools arrive.

I've seen some posts on here with a few members that are running them and there seems to be some positive feedback, both for street and track use. '

Seeing if I can re-invigorate the interest in swift's offerings, and get some more discussion and feedback of current users. I'm looking to pair my set with the standard PP shocks and see how I go, I've seen commentary where they are considered to be a decent match, without going too harsh on the spring rates.

2. Dr. Norts

Dr. Norts Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Race Red Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    I had Swift's on my G37S and they were awesome springs. They make a great product and are at a great price point too.

3. Hotlaprc

Hotlaprc Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT
    0   0   0
    Did you get them installed? How do you like them? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on springs and have been set on swift springs for my 2017 PP GT

4. DJRoy28

DJRoy28 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
    0   0   0
    I'm curious too! I actually have the Swifts sitting in my garage, I'm just waiting for some warmer weather to put them on at the same time as my summer wheels. Once I do, I'll be sure to post some pictures/thoughts on them!

5. Meraki Autoworks

Meraki Autoworks Well-Known Member
    Gold Sponsor

First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    No complaints from any of our Swift customers. Most of the buyers are guys that track their mustang too..

-Josh

6. import111

import111 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    The Swift springs are great for street and track. I am very happy with them.

7. Bridgie

Bridgie Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
    0   0   0
    I’ve had the Swift springs for over 2 years now, completing a handful of track days and a daily driver.
    Very impressed... they are a true all rounder, street and track. Compliment the PP setup well and give the car a much better stance with 19’s, you’ll need a low profile jack if you have rails on too. Or a block and 2x4 timber lever to pick the car up an inch. :)

DJRoy28 and Hotlaprc like this.
  8. Hotlaprc

Hotlaprc Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT
    0   0   0
    What shocks are you using? Any pics of your car?

9. EFI

EFI Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    5.Br0
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Are you using stock PP dampers with them???

10. import111

import111 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    Koni yellow adjustable shocks/struts.
    DSC00506.jpg
    DSC00503.jpg
    DSC00500.jpg

11. DJRoy28

DJRoy28 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    So I finally got to put on my Swift springs after having them in my garage for months! I also put on my Project 6GR's at the same time.

DISCLAIMER: This picture is pretty terrible, just snapped a quick one on my phone. I will try and get some nice shots from different angles with a proper camera (and a clean car) and upload those when I can.

My initial impressions are all great: the car handles much better (less body roll, less nose dive during braking, etc.) The steering feel/response has also greatly increased, although that is also largely due to the added rubber :D. The ride is even better than stock I would say, it is a bit stiffer but you don't get that bouncy/detached feeling from the road (my car does have the PP). The PP setup was decent overall, but this is MUCH better already.

The ride height is exactly what I was looking for. It's not anything crazy, and if you are looking for a really aggressive drop, there are definitely better choices out there. Personally, I just wanted enough of a drop to minimize the wheel gap, but with enough road clearance to not have to worry about destroying my car (the roads up here in the northeast are.... suspect). These springs gave me exactly what I was looking for in every way.

They also seem to mate REALLY well with the rest of the PP suspension, no clunks or odd noises of any kind. I'm sure they would be even better with some aftermarket struts/dampers and other suspension goodies, but this will definitely keep me happy for now :headbang: Swift resize.jpg

12. EFI

EFI Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    5.Br0
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    How is the bounciness of the PP suspension with these? Worse or better or the same?

Surprised that the OEM dampers work well with these rather aggressive springs.

13. DJRoy28

DJRoy28 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I would say these springs eliminated a lot of that bounciness that I felt on the stock PP setup. There is still a minor amount of it there, but it is much better now for sure.

I'm sure these springs would really come into their own with some Koni Yellows or something of that nature, but the PP setup seems to handle these springs pretty well. To be fair, I haven't pushed it TOO hard yet because of the weather, but so far it feels great.

14. Meraki Autoworks

Meraki Autoworks Well-Known Member
    Gold Sponsor

First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Contact us for swift springs!!!

-Josh