pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster. I recently took advantage of the Hellcat market and Sold my widebody hellcat and picked up a 2021 Mustang GT PP manual so I could spend more time at HPDE and open lapping at my local tracks. I have experience in lapping for years as a background.

Currently dealing with the common Rear axle overtemp, but I feel like the car could use a sway bar upgrade. It already has a host of Steeda components chassis wise, pads, fluid, and 10" square stance and P4s tires.

Is the upgrade over the stock 2021 PP sway bars worth while? I have been unable to find factory sizing so far.

Thanks for the input!
Sponsored

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Depends on your setup and driving style but many people who push relatively hard on track find the pp rear bar plenty and only need a larger font bar upgrade.

OP
OP
pappagray

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
been doing some research this afternoon, and appears most of my issue might just be from roll center. I'm going to rectify that and retest.

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped front bars and left rear alone. Look at front bmr, white line bar and wl endlinks. Bent my front endlinks and originally bought Steedas to replace and the zerk fitting clipped my struts on both sides so I bought whiteline and been much better for clearance... Steeda, bmr springs made big difference in my cars performance as well so if you haven't bought linear springs you should look into them as they will help drop ride height and provide much better stability. Changing rear diff fluid to ultra guard ls 75/140 helped with the limpmode. Dont push the ps4s too hard too long as that outer edge rib rubber goes fast.

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
been doing some research this afternoon, and appears most of my issue might just be from roll center. I'm going to rectify that and retest.
What problem are you having that you suspect is created by lowered roll center?

Sponsored

OP
OP
pappagray

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Front end dive. I had a spotter on course taking videos on the apex so i could get a visual on what the car is doing. It had a lot more roll then i was was expecting, and in turn in the photos you can really see the PF diving.

I will report back once I swap the arms and tie rods

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Yeah that should help a bit. Also even the stiffest stock strut style springs (~250lb/in) are still a good 200lbs lighter than what most many feel is necessary to support the heavy front of these cars when you push them hard on the road course. Before coilovers my brake dive felt like the front end was going to plunge below the road surface.

OP
OP
pappagray

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Well I bought this car to track it, find its issues, and improve it as I go. So its exactly what i was hoping to do ahah

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The PP suspension is way too soft for track duty
On my 17PP I went with the Ford racing track suspension kit. Well worth it

OP
OP
pappagray

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
That might be my next option as I progress with the car.

Sponsored

AZHowln50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 10 Speed Auto
PP1 Front Sway Bar is also sprung load. After making some suspension upgrades it became more noticeable on the track and was really out of sorts. Installed the front BMR bar and it neutralized the issue.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What shocks/springs are you on?

OP
OP
pappagray

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Factory 2021 PP struts and steeda linear springs.

Thanks for the advice, Im going to see how it performs with roll center corrected, if It still feels out of sorts for my driving style I'll pick up a front bar and links

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Factory 2021 PP struts and steeda linear springs.

Thanks for the advice, Im going to see how it performs with roll center corrected, if It still feels out of sorts for my driving style I'll pick up a front bar and links
Steeda has 5 "linear" spring options with different amounts of lowering. It might help to know which specific springs you're on.

If you're lowered 0.75" or more you could benefit from the geometry correcting control arms. The feel on turn-in may improve a little. The PP1 swaybar is bound and wants to center at the stock ride height. I think it actually resists dive.

The amount of dive is spring rate, but the rate of dive metered by the shocks. PP struts are a bit weak/floppy for actual track use. The car drives quite a bit better with aftermarket adjustable shocks turned up to stiffer settings.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The pp1 should have been the base suspension and track kit the Pp1
I can’t imagine how floaty the base suspension must be
Sponsored