Sponsored

Sway Bar Disconnect - Is it possible to add this on later?

taco_pd

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Found a OR available but without the SDM. Wondering if I can add this later? Does anyone know if that is possible to do at the dealer or aftermarket?
Sponsored

Clay is the Way

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
My TRD OR has everything except the SDM and for the $1,100. I would have taken the option, but the full premium package was several months out, back in February and still so. I would say it is possible, but would definitely cost more than 1,100 dollars.

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
I couldn't really wait until August for a truck with everything I want PLUS the sway bar. So I got it without the SBD and just plan on doing something about it later.

Judging by the videos I've seen with the engineer talking about them it'll be possible to install OEM sway bars after the fact, but I can't imagine it'll be cheap. It's electronic, so there's the wiring and button installation. The actuator is part of the sway bar and built into it, so you'll need to replace everything.

That being said, if I can get it done for $2,500 or less I'll do it when I have my truck regeared for 37s. If it costs more I'll pin it for later. Maybe do it in my driveway.
Sponsored