Sponsored

svt mustang turbo chatter noise at nurburgring?

jeremygnaz

ford fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford fusion sport white
QUOTE=jeremygnaz;81201][ame]

Listen very closely to the mustang as it make a left handturn into frame in the second part of the clip. Just before entering frame and after you here the driver lift off the throttle to make the turn you can hear what sound like a faint turbo chatter. The sound is at exactly 23 seconds into the video. Easily heard with headphones but I cannot hear this on regular speakers.

Maybe its the ecoboost voodo engine that everyone has been rumoring about? It would make since because the middle shown with the chatter I'm hearing has no hood scoop but rather a heat extractor. Where as the other model with the scoop I'm assuming would be the name model as the exhaust is also slightly quieter.

Please let me know what you thing about the sound I would very much like to hear other opinions on what this may be.
Sponsored

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
QUOTE=jeremygnaz;81201]

Listen very closely to the mustang as it make a left handturn into frame in the second part of the clip. Just before entering frame and after you here the driver lift off the throttle to make the turn you can hear what sound like a faint turbo chatter. The sound is at exactly 23 seconds into the video. Easily heard with headphones but I cannot hear this on regular speakers.

Maybe its the ecoboost voodo engine that everyone has been rumoring about? It would make since because the middle shown with the chatter I'm hearing has no hood scoop but rather a heat extractor. Where as the other model with the scoop I'm assuming would be the name model as the exhaust is also slightly quieter.

Please let me know what you thing about the sound I would very much like to hear other opinions on what this may be.

Nope, it is NA (in my opinion)

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
...that's definitely some kind of insect near the recording device...

Sponsored

OP
OP

jeremygnaz

ford fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford fusion sport white
...that's definitely some kind of insect near the recording device...
Could be a bug or something. But in any case I'm still hopefully. I think it would be cool for foord to show off what the power of an ecoboost could be like on a v8.
The only other reason I say may e turbo chatter is because the driver doesn't let the rpms drop that low through out the rest of the video.
But thanks for your input. I guess I was just so exited about that possibly that I totally for got about nature possibly getting in the way of sound quality. Haha

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
My post didn't get transferred so here it is:

At :23 in that video... It sounds like a grasshopper, not a turbo barking at all. And a turbo isn't gonna bark where he is at on the throttle at all, pretty much only hard upshifts where its at as much boost as possible with no wastegate or blow off valve...

[ame]

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yeah... That does sound like an insect... Or bird. Wasn't sure what you meant about chatter in the other thread as I listened at work. But numerous videos do feature turbo spool in the black car. This one seems NA.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Just come to Dearborn if you really want to hear it in person. There's actually several driving around Allen Park these days. Two things:

1) Ungodly loud (in a good way)
2) 101% sure it's NA
Sponsored