Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
So it's time to change tires soon, and, seeing as new tires plus mounting and balancing is going to run me about $1200 or so, i found that for a few hundred more I can get me a new set of the SVE GT350 wheel and tire kits for $1600. Albeit it's with the cheaper Ohtsu tires (basically a rebranded Falken 452 from my research) seems like a great deal.

Has anyone purchased one of these kits? Just looking for first impressions, stuff like that, and if you decided to purchase it with those cheaper tires, how do you like them?

Before anyone says don't cheap out on tires or whatever, from a few reviews I've read they seem decent for my needs, and whenever the time comes to change those out I'll get me something better.

Thanks all.
Sponsored

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
I bought the SVE GT350 wheels from LMR but bought Nitto NT555 G2s from discount tire direct for $800. So all together I ended but paying a little over $1700 for the wheels and tires mounted and balanced. I'd go that route if I were you.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the SVE GT350 wheels from LMR but bought Nitto NT555 G2s from discount tire direct for $800. So all together I ended but paying a little over $1700 for the wheels and tires mounted and balanced. I'd go that route if I were you.
This seems like the way to go! Spend slightly more and go with the proven rubber.

Does anyone know the weight of the SVE GT350 reps?

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I got the Otshu tires figuring I would wear them out then get something else. The tires work great in dry and wet. My problem is that the tires do not protect the rims at all. I have tried to be careful overall but the edge of my front rims are scraped in 3 places. I found some Toyota dark gray that matches somewhat close to the graphite but I am guessing other tires may protect the rims better. When my tires do wear out I may buy a couple more rims if the tires do a better job of protecting them.

Scratched up wheels can do drag radial duty.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SpiralOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I was looking at those SVE wheels as well.

chris_5oh - do you have any pics of your car with those wheels?

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I have the ohtsu 285/35's and have had no issues. I expect them to last longer than the 8200 miles the stock PP tires lasted me.

I don't ever expect the tire to save me from curbing wheels, I've just learned to avoid them.

Sponsored

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
chris 50h, Were you able to confirm the alignment settings? I was just curious since I had not heard of others needing spacers to clear the struts.