Sponsored

Suspension kit upgrade and staggered rims on convertible V6/GT - possible ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 2011 335d grey silver (stock)
I was going to order new car, convertible V6 or get pre-owned convertible GT and dealer tech told me it doesn't matter on what trim, coupe or convertible if I am going to replace stock suspension with aftermarket one and lowering kit

I'm looking at Ford Racing Assembled Handling Pack - Fastback (15-16 GT) and staggered rims and tires package 20 x 9.5 or 10 and 20 x 11 .

However manufacturer description says:
Application. This Ford Racing Pre-assembled Handling Package is specifically tuned for use on the 2015-2016 GT Fastback, it will not fit convertible models.

Is it generally a bad idea to use stiffer and lowered suspension on convertibles ?

One of the differences between coupes and convertibles I found so far is only weight distribution.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that is only firmness of the ride - i don't give a sh#t..

The only cars with regular suspension I had were loaners and rentals , and those mofos getting nervous while I'm slowing down on rail tracks - they got smocked right after they are trying to pass lol, no offence but I've seen guys in muscle cars too driving like they are in fricking SUVs lol

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
and extra bracing not present on coupes. Installing FRPP suspension on my old car was rather annoying because of the extra bracing.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I was actually thinking to install extra bracing even if I had taken a coupe.. just in case..
It's going to be just 1" or so drop, still not gonna work ?
Sponsored