2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
According to the survey, the number one dream car is the Mustang. Next up is simply “Tesla” but no model. Then we have Jeep, which we’ll assume is the Wrangler. Fourth is the Corvette, and the Camaro rounds out the top five.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/oth...ang-is-top-dream-car/ar-AATfj25?ocid=msedgntp
It's funny.. one thing that I like about American cars is they have a unique identity. The Mustang is a Mustang. The Camaro is a Camaro. The Challenger is a Challenger. They look unique, have unique characteristics, and have a brand on their own.

That's why I can't get behind the German cars. There goes as "BMW". It could be a 130k BMW or a 30k BMW and they basically look almost the same.

People don't say "Look at that Ford" like they say "Look at that BMW" or "Look at that Audi" or "Look at that Tesla".

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
I can completely see the results of that survey being valid. The article criticizing it is rediculous. The author doesn’t get the women wanting wrangler result? I see huge numbers of young women in wranglers. Doesn’t get get Tesla being more desired by people who live in largely environment focused areas who know little about cars? Of course they want a fancy appliance for eco status. Mustang as a dream car is again a legit goal. It was mine for many years. Why does the author think they rent mustang as a premium sports car in vacation area like Hawaii? It’s an ATTAINABLE dream car. Most thinking people know a Lamborghini or Pugani are nothing they will ever own so don’t consider that. The 2% maybe but that’s not most people.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Attainable dream car sums it up. If I filled out this survey, I would have probably listed lamborghini but that is a pipe dream for me and most. This survey makes me proud to have a Mustang...and a higher trim one at that.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Better redefine the meaning of dream….
..I had a dream last night.. I won the lottery….an incredible $50…

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I can say they must’ve asked them what American car is your dream car. None of those cars would make my list. A dream is big. My dream car would be a Ferrari Enzo. Kind of a dumb list.

Mustang702000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.o , 2002 V6 convert
Attainable dream car indeed!
I was 12 when I saw my first Stang,1964 late year.Had the hots right away.Most of my car buying years 15- 2002 was with tri 5 chevs,mostly wagons and Nomads, then the family life,in 2002 I was in Atlanta working best job of my working life, and had saved some bucks, as I was single then, and bought my first Stang, the Torch Red one in my avatar,and still in the family.
Several others followed , with great times and memories in all.
I love my 2017 Frosty stang.
its ground pounder enough for this old boy.
I cant wait til decent weather to take him to the curvy mountain roads WV is famous for.
Best regards y'all. Dave and Frosty

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
That article hates on Mustangs.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Like most online crap these days, this 'survey' is completely Bogus, likely by design.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I can say they must’ve asked them what American car is your dream car. None of those cars would make my list. A dream is big. My dream car would be a Ferrari Enzo. Kind of a dumb list.
What a stupid survey
Even in only American cars, viper or ford gt should top the list

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Okay I understand the jeep mustang Tesla and corvette as those have a large following but sales numbers for the camaro don’t indicate that they are very many peoples dream car. Maybe the people interviewed meant a classic camaro? That could also be the case for the mustang as well.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I can completely see the results of that survey being valid. The article criticizing it is rediculous. The author doesn’t get the women wanting wrangler result? I see huge numbers of young women in wranglers. Doesn’t get get Tesla being more desired by people who live in largely environment focused areas who know little about cars? Of course they want a fancy appliance for eco status. Mustang as a dream car is again a legit goal. It was mine for many years. Why does the author think they rent mustang as a premium sports car in vacation area like Hawaii? It’s an ATTAINABLE dream car. Most thinking people know a Lamborghini or Pugani are nothing they will ever own so don’t consider that. The 2% maybe but that’s not most people.
ha I can agree with that statement..I got my GT after renting a Mustang for a week on vacation and falling in love with the car. :blush:

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
This is generally how I think of dream cars too - if money is no object, what are you getting? I think mine is a Ferrari F40. Or an Aventador.

Potentially attainable with some spending cuts/smart saving/finding a lil sugar mama? R8 or a lower trimmed 911.

I've never made a thought about a vehicle for less than 100k as a dream car, personally.
Sponsored