Sponsored

Supercharged vehicles in hot climates/cooling mods??

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone have any input on if any cooling mods such as larger than base GT radiators or upgraded electric fans help with keeping SC cars or even NA cars being kept cool? I'm adding a SC soon and live in hell in the summertime. Just wondering if anything is worthwhile. I added some Purple Ice additive last year to my turbocharged Notch back. It did lower coolant temps by 6-10 degrees.
Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
2 bottles of Water Wetter in the radiator, Whipple fans, and Mishi radiator for this summer. Last summer I didn't really have an issue, but my temps were a little higher than I prefer. Plus, I got the base model with the intentions of having everything bigger and better.

I'd like to do the head cooling mod soon, too. But that's going to be a real pain to do so we'll see about it.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
170 thermostat,dropped my temps more than any other mod i did.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Depending on the type and brand of SC also plays a factor. If you are Procharged the stage 2 intercooler is absolutely phenomenal on IATs!! If going other ways and focusing on ECT's the 170 stat is a big improvement, the PP radiator is larger (dont know what all is involved with the swap). You could go to a aftermarket grill or grill delete to get more air flow...... Move to Iowa like me :D

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Engine heat under hood is also a good place to start on street cars. Grill screens that let in more air and hood extractors that vent more will help. You can do some mods to intake tracked and the air inlet path to ensure as little of that engine heat gets sucked as possible. And you can also go overboard like myself and do everything:headbonk::doh:

The air box now is connected and sealed off from engine bay and is connected to a function white ram air big mouth behind the grill. The passenger side is only for looks.

Last edited:

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
2 bottles of Water Wetter in the radiator, Whipple fans, and Mishi radiator for this summer. Last summer I didn't really have an issue, but my temps were a little higher than I prefer. Plus, I got the base model with the intentions of having everything bigger and better.

I'd like to do the head cooling mod soon, too. But that's going to be a real pain to do so we'll see about it.
Not sure if relayed to Water Wetter, but I had a gunked up weep hole on a 6k mile waterpump.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not sure if relayed to Water Wetter, but I had a gunked up weep hole on a 6k mile waterpump.
I've seen a few 'issues' that have come up over the years with some users of Water Wetter, but it seems to be based on what coolant it's used with. Whipple recommends using 2 bottles after install, so that's good enough for me.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
buy a kenne bell. :D

lol i havent done any cooling mods and my car works just fine. it actually got hotter with the JLT on it than the KB.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Engine heat under hood is also a good place to start on street cars. Grill screens that let in more air and hood extractors that vent more will help. You can do some mods to intake tracked and the air inlet path to ensure as little of that engine heat gets sucked as possible. And you can also go overboard like myself and do everything:headbonk::doh:
Can you tell a big difference with the heat wrap?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Can you tell a big difference with the heat wrap?
Not yet, I'm still snow bound. Hopefully another 2 to 3 weeks and I'll be in the road. It surely can't hurt. My bet is I'll see very very slow temp rise in traffic and at idle when hot out:cheers:

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Do you have any info on this like how much they were before the tstat and how much they were after? And what other mods did you have with this?
mine went from 205 HCT/ 195 ECT to 195 HCT/ 185 ECT
Sponsored