• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Supercharged Mustang for $49995

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Amazing, that is some true value right there!

Does anybody know if it's possible to registrate such a car in Germany? I know that I would have to include shipping and other taxes but even if one would include the 25-30% extra costs it would still be a bargain over here...

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Does anybody know if it's possible to registrate such a car in Germany?
"It depends."

I can lay out two scenarios, but this is a question to your local government officials, by the person who is going to own and operate the car.

If the person is a US citizen working in Germany, existing agreements may allow them to import and operate the car while working in the EU.

If the person is a German citizen, things change. The biggest hurdle I can immediately think of are passing any EU emissions requirements. For example, US cars for 2024 do not have Gas Particulate Filters. Even if items like GPFs were fitted to the car, IDK if doing so would meet EU standards, if testers would even accept those modifications; they might require others.

If pursuing, I wouldn't take anyones' word for it. I'd look for cited references in EU and German laws allowing for it. And one on-the-street example (EU citizen importing a US-spec car) before attempting.

Local car clubs might be able to provide insight on the topic. There can sometimes be creative loopholes with older cars, but new or newer? That'd need some research.

Edit,

Looking out longer still, there would be an issue of parts and access to qualified technicians.

Some Ford or S650 parts and processes will be a match between US and EU-spec. Others, not. And it's one of those things most owners won't confirm until there's something broke that needs fixing.

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
"It depends."

I can lay out two scenarios, but this is a question to your local government officials, by the person who is going to own and operate the car.

If the person is a US citizen working in Germany, existing agreements may allow them to import and operate the car while working in the EU.

If the person is a German citizen, things change. The biggest hurdle I can immediately think of are passing any EU emissions requirements. For example, US cars for 2024 do not have Gas Particulate Filters. Even if items like GPFs were fitted to the car, IDK if doing so would meet EU standards, if testers would even accept those modifications; they might require others.

If pursuing, I wouldn't take anyones' word for it. I'd look for cited references in EU and German laws allowing for it. And one on-the-street example (EU citizen importing a US-spec car) before attempting.

Local car clubs might be able to provide insight on the topic. There can sometimes be creative loopholes with older cars, but new or newer? That'd need some research.

Edit,

Looking out longer still, there would be an issue of parts and access to qualified technicians.

Some Ford or S650 parts and processes will be a match between US and EU-spec. Others, not. And it's one of those things most owners won't confirm until there's something broke that needs fixing.
Thank you very much.

I asked some who does general inspections a few months ago and he immediately told me 'it depends'... :D
One of the bigger issues seems to be the fact that the car would be a modified one and not a stock car. Shelby GT500s are somewhat easy to certify because they are stock Ford cars. Modified cars are a problem in general because I think that each individual part has to be certified and tested....

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Article says they'll take a base GT @ 480hp to 810hp. Not without the AVE, which is not in the base GT and which the article doesn't even mention.

But, yea, $50K for a Whippled GT? šŸ¤™

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
I don't think AVE is a must with a supercharger. Wanted, yes. Otherwise just turn up the boost.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think AVE is a must with a supercharger. Wanted, yes. Otherwise just turn up the boost.
If you want the full 810 with this kit out of an otherwise stock S650 5.0, you need the AVE.

You don't just "turn up the boost". Do you think there is a dial on top labeled "BOOST"? The included tune is THE Ford tune.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all tunes are adjustable. You just have to have the means and the knowledge.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
That dealer (and some others) have been doing those forever....

AVE?

active valve exhaust...nevermind

Last edited:

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
You don't just "turn up the boost". Do you think there is a dial on top labeled "BOOST"? The included tune is THE Ford tune.
You just put a smaller pulley on like all the shops have done that are advertising big dyno #

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Wait until people start running C16 with a 3.5 or smaller pulley on a BAPā€¦ thereā€™s gonna be cars scratching 900 plus

add in stand alone N20 kitsā€¦ 1000 plus and 8s are on deck by the fall.

BuT it cAnT bE tOonEd

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Wait until people start running C16 with a 3.5 or smaller pulley on a BAPā€¦ thereā€™s gonna be cars scratching 900 plus

add in stand alone N20 kitsā€¦ 1000 plus and 8s are on deck by the fall.

BuT it cAnT bE tOonEd
and if there was tuning access it would have all happened last summer...

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
false
several people are working on it right now
how long did it take to crack the 15+ hemis?
C8?
years

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)