Sponsored

Supercharged Cars - what street tires do you run?

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Assuming you have 3.15 gears how does it hook at 2nd at 60 for those mexico nights, or would you have to do 3rd at 60... Also what fronts are you running if you don't mind me asking. Thanks!
3.55 gears.

If I put some heat into them it'll hook from a 60 sometimes, depends on how dirty the road is etc. The 555R2's are just so I can maintain some traction for the power. I run 285/35/20 Nitto NT555G2's in the front on the street.

I've ran all three of the popular "street drag radials" for a daily tire.

Toyo R888R has too stiff of a side wall, and at low speed rolls and digs it sucks, it handles the best though. This isn't a drag radial, it's a road course track tire, and its similar to a Nitto NT01.

MT S/S, is too soft, has horrible street manners

NT555R2 is just right, its night and day better than the super old first gen 555R's, and handles weather the best too.

For the track I run Mickey Thompson Radial Front Runners at 28x6-18 (they're stable but stupid heavy) and MT ET Street R 305/45/17 on the back. I've also ran this combo on the street too, it works the best obviously for getting traction, horrible handling, horrible weather mitigation, but it can hook, wears out quickly. So I leave it to the track.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
3.55 gears.

If I put some heat into them it'll hook from a 60 sometimes, depends on how dirty the road is etc. The 555R2's are just so I can maintain some traction for the power. I run 285/35/20 Nitto NT555G2's in the front on the street.

I've ran all three of the popular "street drag radials" for a daily tire.

Toyo R888R has too stiff of a side wall, and at low speed rolls and digs it sucks, it handles the best though. This isn't a drag radial, it's a road course track tire, and its similar to a Nitto NT01.

MT S/S, is too soft, has horrible street manners

NT555R2 is just right, its night and day better than the super old first gen 555R's, and handles weather the best too.

For the track I run Mickey Thompson Radial Front Runners at 28x6-18 (they're stable but stupid heavy) and MT ET Street R 305/45/17 on the back. I've also ran this combo on the street too, it works the best obviously for getting traction, horrible handling, horrible weather mitigation, but it can hook, wears out quickly. So I leave it to the track.
Totally agree. Great write up!

Street: Nitto 555RII
Track: Mickey Thompson ET Street R