Super Snake in Colorado Springs

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
My Super Snake is a coupe and I'll run it hard at the track, no issues. I'm hesitant with high horsepower convertibles, and I think it was a mistake to ever release the S550 Super Snake as a convertible. Honestly, for the price, it's mostly for older peeps who can afford to simple have one to cruise around in and take to car shows. There's only one other S550 Super Snake around me that I know of, and it's owned by a New Balance Q-Tip that barely drives it.
Ha! And for that reason, Ford did not make GT500 vert. Would not last.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yep, 2007 GT500 was 40K. Now double that.
Yep, my '07 GT500 vert was $50K and change. How things evolve over time....

My biggest car purchase regret ever, ill-handling, nose-heavy, flexible POS. Probably now owned by another of the aforementioned New Balance Q-tips.

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1

My biggest car purchase regret ever, ill-handling, nose-heavy, flexible POS. Probably now owned by another of the aforementioned New Balance Q-tips.
Shoot, I went from 2005 GT, to 2008 Shelby GT (40K), to used 2009 GT500. That 500 handling was crazy. Luckily my income has increase since then.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Shoot, I went from 2005 GT, to 2008 Shelby GT (40K), to used 2009 GT500. That 500 handling was crazy. Luckily my income has increase since then.
Guessing yours was a coupe, and not a vert like mine.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Question, just because I really like the vert 500’s. Did you ever try any type of aftermarket additions that may help with cutting down the flex?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Question, just because I really like the vert 500’s. Did you ever try any type of aftermarket additions that may help with cutting down the flex?
No, I never did any chassis mods with that car. I've read that the '11-up cars are much better due to the aluminum block, less cowl shake and flex, and better balanced.

Although I've had several ragtop Jeeps and loved them, I learned that I just wasn't a vert guy when it came to a performance car. Who knows, I might still have it today if it had been a coupe. I just never fell in love with that car like I thought I would, the honeymoon didn't last although I had it several years.
Sponsored