OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
trans really likes to be above 150 degrees, if your doing wot shifts.... i never recommend wot shifting below 150, i prefer 160 myself
Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Anyone down the Upgraded valve body?
Feedback please.
I've tested the Suncoast valve body + pump on my car for about 3 days and 100 miles.
I used FORScan to update the solenoid strategy number as well before testing.
It was part of a cat 3 kit but I installed just the clutches first and tested with the stock valve body + pump (where everything worked great) before switching to the Suncoast valve body.

Personal experience:
1. Very harsh engagement shifting into drive, rocks the whole car like it was hit (Worse when trans is up to temp).
2. Downshifts are mostly smooth but sometimes very harsh and feels like the trans is about to drop out of the car.
3. Upshifts are mostly smooth as well but sometimes has shift flares at part throttle.
4. There's an RPM drop that happens right before the 3 - 4 shift. Can be seen in the video at 00:05, 00:26, 00:44

Didn't bother doing any WOT tests and reverted back to my stock valve body where everything is working fine.
During my short test it performed ok but just seems clunky/rough around the edges especially for a daily driver.
My Suncoast valve body might have an issue but no way for me to know that without trying another. I'll contact Suncoast to either get a replacement or return it.

Would be good to hear feedback from someone else with the valve body + pump and how it works for regular driving but my personal feedback is to hold off till you get more feedback from real world users.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I've tested the Suncoast valve body + pump on my car for about 3 days and 100 miles.
I used FORScan to update the solenoid strategy number as well before testing.
It was part of a cat 3 kit but I installed just the clutches first and tested with the stock valve body + pump (where everything worked great) before switching to the Suncoast valve body.

Personal experience:
1. Very harsh engagement shifting into drive, rocks the whole car like it was hit (Worse when trans is up to temp).
2. Downshifts are mostly smooth but sometimes very harsh and feels like the trans is about to drop out of the car.
3. Upshifts are mostly smooth as well but sometimes has shift flares at part throttle.
4. There's an RPM drop that happens right before the 3 - 4 shift. Can be seen in the video at 00:05, 00:26, 00:44

Didn't bother doing any WOT tests and reverted back to my stock valve body where everything is working fine.
During my short test it performed ok but just seems clunky/rough around the edges especially for a daily driver.
My Suncoast valve body might have an issue but no way for me to know that without trying another. I'll contact Suncoast to either get a replacement or return it.

Would be good to hear feedback from someone else with the valve body + pump and how it works for regular driving but my personal feedback is to hold off till you get more feedback from real world users.
I'm fairly certain that Suncoast has said the valve body/pump will require special tuning above and beyond just the strategy change. Shortly after release, some of the tuners were complaining that suncoast was not providing any information about what needed to be done. Not sure if this has changed.

Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I'm fairly certain that Suncoast has said the valve body/pump will require special tuning above and beyond just the strategy change. Shortly after release, some of the tuners were complaining that suncoast was not providing any information about what needed to be done. Not sure if this has changed.
There's nothing on their site - https://suncoastdiesel.com/i-30500957?q=Valve+body - regarding special tuning for the valve body except this:
"For maximum results in power levels exceeding 800HP, it is highly recommended that the TCC apply offset be changed in the factory file calibration"
Which shouldn't affect any of the tests I did.

Spoke with my tuner as well (one of the major ones) and there's no unique tune for the valve body. Not ready to start tuning/logging for those little annoying niggles on a part that should be plug and play.
Might have received a defective one or it just doesn't work well with my car.

@beefcake did you require a special tune for your Suncoast valve body?

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
I had gotten through to Suncoast tech support at one point. I only recall the TCC apply part and optionally trying shorting shift times, if desired. Sorry to hear of your experience Exploded. There's got to me some kind of response to now the car is shaken violently going into drive....

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I wonder how this valvebody will do in colder weather for daily drivers with the thermal bypass removed
You will need a thermostat, I've got an external like others here works great.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The TCC offset is really the only thing

OP
OP