Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
The other irritation coming to more vehicles is the engine shutoff when you stop...
Indeed, the most ridiculous “feature” ever! At least for now you can shut it off each engine cycle on many vehicles, but my guess is that won’t be an option much longer.
Sponsored

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Good point Norm. Using cruise control during the cars break in period probably isn’t a great idea. That said a couple of hundred miles most likely will not result in any long term damage.
Yes, which is why I periodically used the paddle shifters to vary engine speed while in cruise mode (also made quite a few runs to 5500 without cruise).

Where the ACC was nice was when traffic was stacking up as work zones began.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Indeed, the most ridiculous “feature” ever! At least for now you can shut it off each engine cycle on many vehicles, but my guess is that won’t be an option much longer.
Turned it off immediately on my 2020 F150. FORSCAN made it easy. Also turned off the horn when I lock or remote start. I hate that crap annoying my neighbors.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Glad I got my 2020 instead of waiting then... I specifically didn't want the Safe & Smart package with the extra nannies. BLIS is the only "nanny" I find useful.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I have a 19 Edge ST with lane assist and emergency braking although I do have the option to turn it off. It is where we are heading folks. In addition, your vehicle may be sharing information about your driving habits...

I still prefer the base 18 GT pp1 unplugged at the box on the corn. lol.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I guess as long as you buy a manual you can get around it lol!

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Glad I got my 2020 instead of waiting then... I specifically didn't want the Safe & Smart package with the extra nannies. BLIS is the only "nanny" I find useful.
This is my first car with BLIS, I like it. The mirrors combined with bumper sensors and cameras is very nice.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My 19’ GT/CS has it. Came that way so no choice. But with the exception of lane assist I like it. I have lane assist turned off. I really like ACC for longer highway trips.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I wish it had stop / start - most of my recent cars have had it and it saves a lot of fuel in traffic jams and around town. It will have it soon when the ISG is fitted to European cars. I certainly can't see any reason to shut it off ! It always worked seamlessly on my previous Ford's with it and had zero impact on my driving enjoyment.

Brake assist / autonomous braking makes a difference to insurance in the UK so disabling it over here would have an impact on your insurance claim if they found out.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Yes, which is why I periodically used the paddle shifters to vary engine speed while in cruise mode (also made quite a few runs to 5500 without cruise).
Good call on using the transmission to vary rpms. With so many gears to be able to choose from, you should have been able to cover a good variety of rpms.

Where the ACC was nice was when traffic was stacking up as work zones began.
I must be too old to understand the benefit. Seems if I already have to be continuously aware of my car's speed relative to other traffic around me, I'm going to be more ready to deal with situations that come up. The less you have to do as a driver, I'm afraid the more distanced from driving you become.

Just where do you put your right foot when using cruise control, anyway?

Norm

Last edited:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I wish it had stop / start - most of my recent cars have had it and it saves a lot of fuel in traffic jams and around town. It will have it soon when the ISG is fitted to European cars. I certainly can't see any reason to shut it off ! It always worked seamlessly on my previous Ford's with it and had zero impact on my driving enjoyment.
I bet if you were to drive in Boston or NYC traffic you'd come away with a slightly different point of view.

Brake assist / autonomous braking makes a difference to insurance in the UK so disabling it over here would have an impact on your insurance claim if they found out.
Then they'd better not give you any crap if such intervention startles you into having an accident that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The same place you put your foot when you are not using the brake or clutch pedals. :giggle:
Resting your right foot on the accelerator pedal at 0% throttle puts your ankle at an unnatural angle and can get tiring. If you use the accelerator pedal as a dead pedal for your right foot there is some risk of overriding the CC system from time to time. Still not seeing the benefit.

Norm

Littleredd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT W/PP2
Good call on using the transmission to vary rpms. With so many gears to be able to choose from, you should have been able to cover a good variety of rpms.

I must be too old to understand the benefit. Seems if I already have to be continuously aware of my car's speed relative to other traffic around me, I'm going to be more ready to deal with situations that come up. The less you have to do as a driver, I'm afraid the more distanced from driving you become.

Just where do you put your right foot when using cruise control, anyway?

Norm
Do you really not use CC? Do you hate yourself or are you just being obtuse?

Where do you put your right arm when not shifting in an automatic? Where do you put your left foot if you don't have a clutch? How do you start the car if you don't have to hand crank it? I find that I disconnected from driving in the rain when I don't have to pull on my wiper blade rope.

/S

I drive all day for work sometimes, mostly in the city, and the less I have to pay attention to my speed the more attention I have to apply somewhere else. I don't have to worry that I am speeding while in a company vehicle and by freeing up my right foot altogether I can be more ready to hit the brakes if I need to. It doesn't put you to sleep, it just makes dealing with heavy traffic and long stretches that much easier.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Then they'd better not give you any crap if such intervention startles you into having an accident that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Norm
I noticed an ominous option in the Sync screen, to enable sharing driving data with your insurance company, "to get discounts for good driving."
Sponsored