zacz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
hi all,

I had an RSPEC delivered on Xmas eve by truck - and as soon as i got in it, i smelt the burning clutch smell. My first thought was that the drivers had a burnout in my car!

Anyway - i left the car in my garage for 2 days but the smell was still there even with the car off and cold!

Then as i was driving it for the first time to get it registered, I noticed the clutch was shuddering a lot as i was releasing it, and also at around 50-60km/h there was a whirring noise from one of the wheels! Kind of like something was rubbing!

So i took it to the dealer and they couldnt find anything unusual under the car or any of the components while up on the hoist - but did say that the smell was not noticeable when it was off the ground, but it was evident when on the ground!

They are also going to take out the gearbox as they think it could be a flywheel or clutch issue...

Anyone else has these sort of issues?

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
hi all,

I had an RSPEC delivered on Xmas eve by truck - and as soon as i got in it, i smelt the burning clutch smell. My first thought was that the drivers had a burnout in my car!

Anyway - i left the car in my garage for 2 days but the smell was still there even with the car off and cold!

Then as i was driving it for the first time to get it registered, I noticed the clutch was shuddering a lot as i was releasing it, and also at around 50-60km/h there was a whirring noise from one of the wheels! Kind of like something was rubbing!

So i took it to the dealer and they couldnt find anything unusual under the car or any of the components while up on the hoist - but did say that the smell was not noticeable when it was off the ground, but it was evident when on the ground!

They are also going to take out the gearbox as they think it could be a flywheel or clutch issue...

Anyone else has these sort of issues?
Hi Zac, i see you have a Mach 1 but are talking about an R Spec which in Australian parlance converts to Herrod Mustang , so a used car Yes? No? It sounds like the clutch has had a flogging by someone but by now your dealer has probably got back to you. Interested to hear the result of their investigation. Wouldn't be the first truck driver that stuffed up a manual car.

zacz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Hi Zac, i see you have a Mach 1 but are talking about an R Spec which in Australian parlance converts to Herrod Mustang , so a used car Yes? No? It sounds like the clutch has had a flogging by someone but by now your dealer has probably got back to you. Interested to hear the result of their investigation. Wouldn't be the first truck driver that stuffed up a manual car.
Hello GT450 - No not a Mach 1, its an RSPEC. Unfortunately the reason for the smell was the clutch was burnt out! However I don't think the truck drivers did all of it - i think either the old owner did most of the damage.....either him or the dealer before it got shipped
Sponsored