Sponsored

Suggestions on brakes for a PP1 Mustang?

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your input on this! This is what I was looking for. I will look into the DTCs and probably pick up some motul and do a bleed then.
The DTC’s will probably be loud too...
Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
You might be able to stress your PP1 brakes 25% of their cape ability on the street, compared to what stress they will encounter on a tight road course lap after lap.
I tracked my car on stock PP1 brakes pads which were plenty adequate for my driving abilities. Really amazing performance for stock with absolutely no fade issues. However the stock pads did take a beating and covered the side of the car in brake dust. New factory pads are damn pricy btw. So I bought a track day set, EBC yellowstuff, which squeal like a pig on the street, and a street set of Powerstop z26 pads. Could not be happier with the Powerstop Z26 pads. Very similar to stock pads in how they feel with minimal dust and no squeal. Best of all they are very inexpensive.
I second the Powerstop Z26 pads. Ran them on my C7 Z06 - great, on my ‘18 Hellcat - great, currently on my PP1 GT ‘Vert - great!

IamSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't mean to hijack thread, I had the same question and like the price/performance of the Powerstop pads, however they don't seem to have any rotors available for PP1 cars. Any other suggestion that is similar in price? They used to have a front and rear pad/rotor kit for under $500 and now its not even on American Muscle's website anymore!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They used to have a front and rear pad/rotor kit for under $500 and now its not even on American Muscle's website anymore!
look on ebay for practically new rotors from the Shelby American cast-off pile. If you're using your car for more than street be damn sure not to get drilled rotors. Cheap rotors can be found on RockAuto.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I second the Powerstop Z26 pads. Ran them on my C7 Z06 - great, on my ‘18 Hellcat - great, currently on my PP1 GT ‘Vert - great!
My buddy just installed these and loves them. Strong bite, minimum dust, no noise, and no fade.

Sponsored

Twenty4/7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 RR GT500
i just ordered a set of hawk performance ceramic pads for the street and dtc70's for track days.

the stock pads work amazing on the street not sure how you could see fade. after about 15-20 minutes on the track the stock pads started to scare me. 130 mph back straight to a slow right hander i was starting to miss the apex. with one cool down lap they would come back to life. this is with 3k miles on the car and castrol srf fluid. hawk swears the performance ceramic are an upgrade over stock with less dust. shall see but i dont really drive my car hard on the street at all so im not that concerned
Sponsored