Sponsored

Suggestions on beefing up driveline

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT
As you can see by my signature, MT82 car, just wrapped up a VMP install with a 79mm pulley. Have all of the BMR suspension goodies with MGW shifter.

Everything drivetrain wise is stock. My current plans are listed as follows then I can head to the track (MIR) and not break everything.

McLeod MST Clutch (MXT is the on to avoid right?)
One piece driveshaft-considering driveshaft shop (aluminum or carbon fiber really matter THAT much for my power level and goals of maybe 10's?
Axles-DSS as well unless there is an issue there

And then the great debate over finding some sort of sticky tire I can use on my current wheels which are probably too heavy, or get some welds or some other drag racing wheel for the rear and one of the 4,000 suggestions for tires.

Anyone think of anything else?
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Even with upgraded driveshaft and axles I'd recommend going with a bias ply tire setup front and rear dedicated track set. Radials are nicer to drive on the street, but still quite hard on even a beefed up drivetrain.

OP
OP

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT
Even with upgraded driveshaft and axles I'd recommend going with a bias ply tire setup front and rear dedicated track set. Radials are nicer to drive on the street, but still quite hard on even a beefed up drivetrain.
I assume you mean slicks with the bias ply?

And yeah my assumption was a full drag wheel and tire setup at some point.