Sponsored

LTH w/ Stock resonator, what axleback?(Steeda or Roush)

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Hello all. To preface The car is a 2020 GT with SW headers. I was running headers, H-Pipe and Borla S-Types. Ended up swapping with a buddy back to the stock catback because of how loud the S-Types were. I keep reading here how the S-Types with headers are more mild than other setups on headers and in my own experience that wasn't the case whatsoever. A buddy of mine runs extremes with headers and his doesn't even come close in volume especially at low speeds. We've got videos of me trying absolutely everything on the road to keep them down even slightly, and even the phone cannot deal with the volume :cwl: Myself and many others that I group with are absolutely baffled at how absurd my S-Types were (Literally migraine inducing, and I don't mind the extremes with headers at all!) Was something up with my S-types?!

I went back to stock cat-back with headers and as expected it's pretty dismal. Incredibly quiet. Curious if anyone is running headers, with stock resonator but an aftermarket axleback? Thanks!
Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I have Stainless Power longtube headers, stock resonator, and Roush axle-back. Start up is loud for the first second. Cruising around isn't too loud. WOT is extremely loud !

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have Stainless Power longtube headers, stock resonator, and Roush axle-back. Start up is loud for the first second. Cruising around isn't too loud. WOT is extremely loud !
Thanks! Roush was definitely one I was looking at. Have no issue with loud WOT, just wanted to get away from the cruising sounding like I want to race the entire world. Pulling from a stop light was absolutely miserable and quite frankly embarrassing it was so loud.

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
I have the SW catted LTs with a stock resonator and stock cat back. Perfect level of sound for me. I also have electronic cutouts but at full throttle I worry that it will trigger the airbags.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the SW catted LTs with a stock resonator and stock cat back. Perfect level of sound for me. I also have electronic cutouts but at full throttle I worry that it will trigger the airbags.
Stock catback for me is just far too quiet and "airy" sounding.

I actually just purchased the steeda axleback. Going to try running that with the stock resonator.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a quick update incase anyone comes across it.

SW headers, stock resonator, and steeda axleback sounds absolutely amazing. a phenomenal middle ground, that's quite controllable. Very streetable setup, but incredibly loud WOT.
Sponsored