Suggestions for Bullitt owners that want more power

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
As some of you know, I sold my 2019 Bullitt which I put a Whipple stage 1 kit on. It drove excellent and I had no complaints with it at all. It is a straightforward install taking a retired guy like me a few days taking my time. I sold it because I bought a 2018 premium A10 car that I really like a lot and also to get ready to order a Mach 1. In the R1080 or course.
So, in the meantime I put a Procharger, stage 1 HO complete kt. My objective was to compare it to the Whipple complete stage 1 kit. I purchased both kits from Beefcake Racing. Both complete kits. Both kits within $100 of each other.

The Whipple made 675 RWHP at 7,800 rpm. I am waiting to get the '18 GT dyno'd on the 2nd of October by the same dyno at Alternative Auto. I installed both kits myself.

I was kind of leery about doing a centri because my '09 Bullitt which I installed a Vortech on had to ramp rpms a bit, but I figured, what the heck, I'll give Procharger a try.

The install on the '18 was 1/2 the time of the Whipple on the install and the tune from Procharger is excellent. The car drives like stock until you get on it. Makes excellent, linear power. Really controllable.

So, I mention this because my one complaint on the Whipple is that I had to remove the strut tower brace which is so cool and perhaps helps with handling. No so with the Procharger. The other thing with the Procharger is that torque is lower to start than the Whipple, but builds very quickly being an excellent choice for the wonderful winding out of the Bullitt. Plus this Procharger is supposedly making only 6.5 PSI boost. It "feels" ( I know this is misleading) like it's making a good 600 rwhp but likely much safer for the engine.

Just a thought for Bullitt guys. I will be using the Procharger on my Mach once I get it.
Sponsored

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
As some of you know, I sold my 2019 Bullitt which I put a Whipple stage 1 kit on. It drove excellent and I had no complaints with it at all. It is a straightforward install taking a retired guy like me a few days taking my time. I sold it because I bought a 2018 premium A10 car that I really like a lot and also to get ready to order a Mach 1. In the R1080 or course.
So, in the meantime I put a Procharger, stage 1 HO complete kt. My objective was to compare it to the Whipple complete stage 1 kit. I purchased both kits from Beefcake Racing. Both complete kits. Both kits within $100 of each other.

The Whipple made 675 RWHP at 7,800 rpm. I am waiting to get the '18 GT dyno'd on the 2nd of October by the same dyno at Alternative Auto. I installed both kits myself.

I was kind of leery about doing a centri because my '09 Bullitt which I installed a Vortech on had to ramp rpms a bit, but I figured, what the heck, I'll give Procharger a try.

The install on the '18 was 1/2 the time of the Whipple on the install and the tune from Procharger is excellent. The car drives like stock until you get on it. Makes excellent, linear power. Really controllable.

So, I mention this because my one complaint on the Whipple is that I had to remove the strut tower brace which is so cool and perhaps helps with handling. No so with the Procharger. The other thing with the Procharger is that torque is lower to start than the Whipple, but builds very quickly being an excellent choice for the wonderful winding out of the Bullitt. Plus this Procharger is supposedly making only 6.5 PSI boost. It "feels" ( I know this is misleading) like it's making a good 600 rwhp but likely much safer for the engine.

Just a thought for Bullitt guys. I will be using the Procharger on my Mach once I get it.
Looking forward to hearing the new numbers, thanks for posting.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for info, look forward to the numbers. Considering procharger too, what rpm does the boost start come in at?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The other thing with the Procharger is that torque is lower to start than the Whipple, but builds very quickly being an excellent choice for the wonderful winding out of the Bullitt.
seems you should watch to bone up on some learnin'