Sponsored

Sudden loss of Power, No Throttle Response, **See Manual**??

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
How many miles have you guys have on your rides when the issue became present? I just hit 30,000 and no issues yet (knock on wood) with the stock TB.
Thanks
Just over 3,000 on mine. Way too early to have more than one warranty claim, IMO.

I got the Mustang vs Camaro because of the reliability issues we had with a 2014 Chevy Sonic at work (delivery vehicle). I hope I don't end up regretting it.
FYI, 30k on the Sonic, and have had a/c fail (compressor + leak), electric thermostat fail, bad rear wheel bearing (low growl) that the dealer refuses to admit is a problem, rear door lock failed (door wont open, unlocked or locked) shifter handle fell apart, stereo speakers blown, and many other little things.
Sponsored

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Guys yall shouldn't have anything to worry about the v6 has been out for awhile now and has been known to be very reliable. Just maintain it as you would any other vehicle and you'll be fine. Other than the throttle body issues I don't see them very often in the shop. They may come out with another extended recall on the throttle bodies as they had before on the later model fusions.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Just over 3,000 on mine. Way too early to have more than one warranty claim, IMO.

I got the Mustang vs Camaro because of the reliability issues we had with a 2014 Chevy Sonic at work (delivery vehicle). I hope I don't end up regretting it.
FYI, 30k on the Sonic, and have had a/c fail (compressor + leak), electric thermostat fail, bad rear wheel bearing (low growl) that the dealer refuses to admit is a problem, rear door lock failed (door wont open, unlocked or locked) shifter handle fell apart, stereo speakers blown, and many other little things.
Was your stang built on a friday holiday weekend :doh:

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0

Just a little over 4,000 on mine. My belt squeaks on cold starts, passenger mirror wiring had to be fixed, throttle body went bad, fixed the weatherstripping on the quarter window, fixed the ping noise whenever going into reverse or back to park and my ac blower surges. Oh and some panels rattle.

I still like my car after all that but I might be trading it in for the 5.0 really soon.

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
How many miles have you guys have on your rides when the issue became present? I just hit 30,000 and no issues yet (knock on wood) with the stock TB.
Thanks
Happened around 15000km

Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Thanks for the replies. What would it take to convince the dealer to replace the Throttle Body?

It's already going to the dealer tomorrow for THIS. I wonder if I can convince them to replace the TB at the same time.
I'm sorry I may be blind! But I don't see the problem with the windshield? I can't see it grrrr

Hopefully the car sputters at the dealer so they can fix it

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
Mine failed right around 6000 miles. Took over 2 weeks for them to get the T/B. I also had no check engine light. Just the wrench.

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
Thanks

Mine started at like 15,000 miles

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
FWIW, Along with the windshield replacement, I was gifted with a new throttle body. Dealer found a code for a failure. Seems to drive better, idle is better. There was this weird rolling hesitation it would do before in 1st gear, which is also gone.

Sponsored

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
My stock TB did the same sputter and limp mode after 5000 miles. Checked the code with my tuner and said the Throttle Control Actuator Stuck Open, and instead of wasting time with the dealership I overnighted the 73mm BBK from AM and never had a problem since.. except I have a leak on my passenger door were water keeps getting in the speaker some how

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
My stock TB did the same sputter and limp mode after 5000 miles. Checked the code with my tuner and said the Throttle Control Actuator Stuck Open, and instead of wasting time with the dealership I overnighted the 73mm BBK from AM and never had a problem since.. except I have a leak on my passenger door were water keeps getting in the speaker some how ��
So, I guess now is a good a time as any to ask.... Did you notice any part throttle increase in power?. The bbk tb is said to increase low/mid range power by quite a bit, with little difference in top end. But I have read you'll only really notice it at near full throttle.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
They claim a 15 rwhp increase but not very noticeable. What I did notice is that when you step on it, it breathes alot better. The stock one felt very restrictive even though it's only like 5mm wider it definitely feels like a ton more air is getting threw, the stock one felt like it was suffocating the engine. I had a tiny bit of lag when giving it more throttle with the stock one but it could also have been cause it was failing, but the BBK TB feels smooth and durable when letting it rip. I would definitely recommend it if you have a spare $400 but if your looking for the most gains for the same ammount of money I'd say go with a tuner instead, especially if your looking for better throttle response, but there is always a chance you can be unlucky like me and your TB fails, so do you feel lucky punk! Do ya! Lol pm me if you wanna get into more detail!

Morning571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marq
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I wonder if my throttle baby is going bad too? Since I got my ford performance stage 1 tune, when I'm rolling through the gears at about 5k rpm's in third car lost power and puttered for a second but this only happens in 3rd gear and not all the time, very weird... No idiot light either
Having same issue was it throttle body

Morning571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marq
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I wonder if my throttle baby is going bad too? Since I got my ford performance stage 1 tune, when I'm rolling through the gears at about 5k rpm's in third car lost power and puttered for a second but this only happens in 3rd gear and not all the time, very weird... No idiot light either
You figure out what the issue was having this problem now
Sponsored