Sponsored

sb1805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
I thought it might be helpful to people if we are willing to share successful instances of putting a deposit on a gt350. Additional info would be great, such as deposit amount, what it guarantees (MSRP, 5k ADM), dealership (or general geographic area of dealership), date of deposit, etc.

It would be nice if people did not use this as an opportunity to criticize people's choices to give deposits, etc., so we can maximize the information that is shared. Thanks.

Anyone care to share??
Sponsored

OP
OP

sb1805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Unsuccessful stories would also be helpful, in particular dealerships that have offered deposits but that have stated they will have ADMs.

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We've taken one deposit but only because the customer absolutley insisted. Even after telling him it doesn't gurantee him a spot, since we don't know anything about the car MSRP ADM or allocation. I've told all other customers a deposit is not necessary until we have all information out and the customer can make an informed decision before giving us money.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I have yet to find a dealer who wasn't adding ADM. Just yesterday, I could have secured a dealer's initial allocation for a deposit of $1,000 and agreeing to 15% over MSRP. I have no problem with the deposit but, kindly refused to pay over MSRP.

Just say no to ADM!

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
We've taken one deposit but only because the customer absolutley insisted. Even after telling him it doesn't gurantee him a spot, since we don't know anything about the car MSRP ADM or allocation. I've told all other customers a deposit is not necessary until we have all information out and the customer can make an informed decision before giving us money.
What difference does it make that the dealer doesn't have any information? I've heard this before and I'm not seeing where it would make any sense to not take a deposit from a potential buyer, unless the dealer will not commit to selling the first one they have.

I understand that you don't have info on MSRP. But you do know that you will be getting at least one this year and you also know the dealership's stance on ADM. Just be honest and tell your customer that ADM will be charged on the first few you're getting, or your flooring your first one w/ a $10K sticker on it etc. That is information you can give now.

The info my dealer gave me is that they'll be getting at least one, it's mine if I want it and they'll be charging sticker. <<<This we've agreed on. No games, no 'we don't know' BS.

The two other dealers, one where I bought my wife's Explorer Sport from last summer aren't going to get my business in the future. They either want to charge a $10K ADM deposit, or won't return my call or email. The dealer who is calling me and has committed their 1st GT350 will get a future truck sale and Focus sale within the next 4 years. It's good business, they're honest and don't play games :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
I can't understand why a dealership would charge ADM's when they clearly make a decent amount at MSRP. They can sell below that and still make money.

The Manufacturer has to have some way of nipping this or penalizing the dealerships for such unethical practices. No matter what argument they come back with the dealerships that apply ADM's are the manufacturer's worst enemy.

--

DirtyPope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I hope this is track package. Rear lip spoiler is way to big on this car. It ruins the whole look :tsk: :crazy:

geneva

track rat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 GB
visited my local dealer where I purchased my 13' Boss 302 and have a commitment from the GM that their first allocation is mine at MSRP. No deposit needed at this time.

Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
you can buy this car $5K less from the MSRP trust me on that
Possibly in the following model year. Unless you know someone personally, have a business/vendor or other relationship of sort with someone higher up in a dealership, I can't see someone contacting a dealer and getting this deal.

geneva

track rat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 GB
possible discounts could happen next year but only if dealers are sitting on unsold GT350 inventory. Since first year release numbers will be low I don't see this happening anytime soon. The car should also appeal to a much broader audience than say the more narrowly focused Z/28 so should sell very well. Time will tell for those willing to wait.

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
5k under MSRP, you have to be kidding. Even if you knew the Sale's Manager or even the Owner of a Dealership, neither one would/could sell this or any other car for that matter at 5k under MSRP. That's less than what the dealership paid for the Car's/Truck's on the lot. If you where to get the car at invoice, that would not equate to 5k under the MSRP. Dealer's have a profit margin of around 2 to 3k upfront built into the MSRP set by Ford Motor Company, or any other Car Manufacture for that matter. They have what's called Dealer Hold Back, that's what the Dealership paid for the vehicle's on their Lot. They can't sell it below Invoice, although some try to make you think they are. That would be like giving the Car's/Truck's away, and that's not going to happen. Their in business to make Money.
They do have what's called Dealer Incentive's / Cash Back to Customer's, but most of that money come's from the Manufacture and not the Dealership for the most part. Manufacture's do this to help move older inventory to make way for the next model year on most vehicle's. I think it would be naïve to think you would be able to get the GT350 for anything less than MSRP. All dealerships are only a Representative of their Manufacturer's Brand. The Owner/Owner's can sell anything they want above MSRP with a ADM, if they choose to. It's there to pad their profit's (not that I agree with it) seems greedy to me, but not my call. I believe I got this right for the most part. So don't shoot the messenger.
No disrespect intended. :thumbsup:

DirtyPope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Tom when u play the right game u can get this car for the right price. I will post my bill of sale in 7 months to prove u my point.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
...I have a success story, on 1-29-15 I called 7 dealerships. I ask to speak to the sales manager of all, I ask if they have a list started on the GT350/R all said yes or no, the yes people I then asked if they put down deposits and ask how many were in front of me. If the answer was more than one I moved on to the next. After I spoke the the FORD Dealer out side of Denton Texas, the sales manager was very nice and said he did not have enough information about the car to take a deposit or even make a list but took my number, and email address and said he would speak to the GM, about an hour later I got a email from him saying that, in fact my timing was great because the GM had just spoke with the Rep for allocations and that ALL SVT dealerships will get at least one GT350 in 2016 (no news on the the "R" at this time) and that they have no deposits yet. So I call immediately and said I will come down with a deposit if I can get the car at MSRP, he said no problem ! we do not charge "Market Adjustments" He said that he wants to earn all my business and my family business, and they wont get it by charging a premium on the car. So on 1.30.15 I came to the dealership and put down $1000 cash got a receipt and a email that said I get there ONLY Guaranteed .. 2016 GT350 at MSRP....so it can be done...
Sponsored