Sponsored

Stupid question- removing push pins for zl1 rock guard instalation

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
How do you remove them without ruining them to reuse Them with the rock guards? Just a flat head screw driver?
Sponsored

OP
OP
09cs

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thank you!

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
No problem

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Piggy backing off this question.

After installing my ZL1 rock guards in the front, the head on the stock push pins did not seat all the way in.

On some of them, the head of the push pin is sticking out.

Sponsored

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
Seams like the opening or the hole is too tight or the additional layer of plastic is restricting full opening of the push pin. I would pull that pushpin out make sure it is not damaged then try to reinstall it. If it persists I would add more pressure. See if that does the trick. You might need to force it

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Seams like the opening or the hole is too tight or the additional layer of plastic is restricting full opening of the push pin. I would pull that pushpin out make sure it is not damaged then try to reinstall it. If it persists I would add more pressure. See if that does the trick. You might need to force it
I tried to force those suckers in there till the joints on my thumbs started to throb haha.

Some of them went in all the way and some didn't. I don't want to take the rock guards off and reposition them because they are already glued to the fender. I'm gonna try and remove the pins again and re install next spring. Hopefully my patience and fingers will be strong enough.

I searched for longer push pins but it looks like they are all the same length. Or maybe i'm not looking in the right place.

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
I tried to force those suckers in there till the joints on my thumbs started to throb haha.

Some of them went in all the way and some didn't. I don't want to take the rock guards off and reposition them because they are already glued to the fender. I'm gonna try and remove the pins again and re install next spring. Hopefully my patience and fingers will be strong enough.

I searched for longer push pins but it looks like they are all the same length. Or maybe i'm not looking in the right place.
If that doesn’t work try a different style one.
A41F125A-CFA6-445B-9DBD-BC0B39291D04.png
good luck

RB98SS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Got to Napa Auto or any automotive store and get longer push pins. You'll be happy you did. I gave up trying to use the original ones.

Last edited:

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Got to Napa Auto or any automotive store and get longer push pins. You'll be happy you did. I gave up trying to use to original ones.
I’ve been looking on line for longer pushpins. That’s a great suggestion, I’ll go to the local joint and look there. Thanks !!!
Sponsored