Sponsored

student debt forgiveness is back

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Do you imagine I will get a break on their bills and fees because I was one of the citizens who got part of the bill for their essentially "free to them" education. I don't think so.
And we are back to what do I get out of it. its still selfishness. Its basically the same as standing there with a rope. Being able to help a person drowning and just doing nothing cause well you wont get anything out of it.

and Ill say again you have bigger things to be upset about "your" tax dollars. https://blog.cheapism.com/biggest-wastes-of-tax-dollars/#slide=7 Paying off student debt would be a tiny drop in the bucket compared to these wastes of your money.... but is anyone bitching about those? nope . why? Because bob next door didn't get anything you didnt out of it.

but god forbit a human being gets a step up in life from "your" tax dollars.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
so what I have learned.

If you need help you are a freeloading handout wanting lazy piece of crap

If you have money you earned every penny of it honestly(yeah right) and should be put on a pedestal for being great and paying for your education

And the only job in the world worthy of a tax dollar funded education is the military. Every other job regardless of how hard or back breaking or dangerous, is not worthy and those people are also just sponges wanting a hand out.

If you paid for an education then it was for a meaningful degree because only people who can pay for degrees get one that is 100% useful and contributes to society

If you need help paying for a degree then it is always some useless crap arts degree because you are an idiot and thats why you cant pay for it now.

I guess I need to go out into the world and stereotype everyone now with these guidelines.
Hello; Every thing in this post is a false twist on the things I, in particular, and some others have written. Pretty sure you understand what you are doing. At least I do hope you have an understanding of the way you misrepresent the counter arguments I and others have been making.

Your approach is to picture your preference as being morally superior and any who take a different view as being cruel and uncaring. I am aware of the tactic. It has been used on me in the past. Not wishing to pay off someone else's debt is no where near the same as not throwing a rope to a drowning person. There are no longer debtors prisons as in the past.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello; Every thing in this post is a false twist on the things I, in particular, and some others have written. Pretty sure you understand what you are doing. At least I do hope you have an understanding of the way you misrepresent the counter arguments I and others have been making.

Your approach is to picture your preference as being morally superior and any who take a different view as being cruel and uncaring. I am aware of the tactic. It has been used on me in the past. Not wishing to pay off someone else's debt is no where near the same as not throwing a rope to a drowning person. There are no longer debtors prisons as in the past.
so everything in this entire topic is opinion. what makes you right and me wrong or vise versa? you seem to paint your opinions in a favorable light and mine in a Im twisting the truth and manipulating things? why is it you are not the one doing this to solidify your opinion? from my perspective it seems to me you are the one distorting the truth and ignoring the other facts out there to only support your opinion.

If you had ever read the thread I started on this exact same topic just a month before this one. I really don't give two cares either way. I just like playing devils advocate because I seriously think some of you need to lighten up, pull the stick from your butt and be kinder to others. i mean if we applied most of the ways of thinking in here to everyday everything. then only the top 12 % of people would be worth anything and everyone else would be told oh well go starve we aint helping.

but for the record I pad my loans i was lucky enough to get work that would allow me to do so. but many people cant and are stuck and just want help. IM all for it. I hope some of my good fortune helps out someone else. I rather my tax money go to help a living breathing human with kids trying to better themselves then it go to 5 million dollar study's on hamsters fighting. or a 5 trillion dollar wasted fighter jet program that is going no where. or any of the other 4000 tax wasting things the government spends it on like 400 dollar coffee mugs.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
so everything in this entire topic is opinion.
Hello; Of course some of the discussion is opinion, but not "everything". There are some facts included as well. Again you twist or distort. This comment being a fine example.

ou seem to paint your opinions in a favorable light and mine in a Im twisting the truth and manipulating things?
Hello; Of course I defend my point of view. I try to do so in a civil manner with enough extended comments to explain a point of view. I like to think my approach is more honest than what you have been doing the last few posts. I can go back and quote some example where you have twisted my meanings in particular. I do not think I stated you twisted the truth, but that you twisted my meanings. In todays world it appears that some figure to have a "personal truth" so that particular term now is not so clear in it's traditional intended use. I am more old school in that while I do have personal opinions, I do not like to see "truth" diluted or distorted.

I hope some of my good fortune helps out someone else.
Hello; Here is where we differ. You have had good fortune and hope that good fortune can help others. Well, go ahead and find some one in student loan debt trouble and help them out. I do the same sort of thing myself from time to time. I help others using the elements at my disposal. I did so just this past week. It was voluntary on my part.
A difference is you appear to want others to be forced to have to go along with a notion you happen to favor. You keep calling those of us names such as being selfish if we do not choose to go along with you. Not voluntary but a type of force.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
so what I have learned.

If you need help you are a freeloading handout wanting lazy piece of crap

If you have money you earned every penny of it honestly(yeah right) and should be put on a pedestal for being great and paying for your education

And the only job in the world worthy of a tax dollar funded education is the military. Every other job regardless of how hard or back breaking or dangerous, is not worthy and those people are also just sponges wanting a hand out.

If you paid for an education then it was for a meaningful degree because only people who can pay for degrees get one that is 100% useful and contributes to society

If you need help paying for a degree then it is always some useless crap arts degree because you are an idiot and thats why you cant pay for it now.

I guess I need to go out into the world and stereotype everyone now with these guidelines.
Excellent summary.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello; Of course some of the discussion is opinion, but not "everything". There are some facts included as well. Again you twist or distort. This comment being a fine example.

Hello; Of course I defend my point of view. I try to do so in a civil manner with enough extended comments to explain a point of view. I like to think my approach is more honest than what you have been doing the last few posts. I can go back and quote some example where you have twisted my meanings in particular. I do not think I stated you twisted the truth, but that you twisted my meanings. In todays world it appears that some figure to have a "personal truth" so that particular term now is not so clear in it's traditional intended use. I am more old school in that while I do have personal opinions, I do not like to see "truth" diluted or distorted.

Hello; Here is where we differ. You have had good fortune and hope that good fortune can help others. Well, go ahead and find some one in student loan debt trouble and help them out. I do the same sort of thing myself from time to time. I help others using the elements at my disposal. I did so just this past week. It was voluntary on my part.
A difference is you appear to want others to be forced to have to go along with a notion you happen to favor. You keep calling those of us names such as being selfish if we do not choose to go along with you. Not voluntary but a type of force.
Are you a politician? cause i have the hardest time understanding anything you say. you just kind of ramble and when i point out your hypocrisy you just sorta ignore that and then say something that is not true to try to put me down while saying all I doing is insulting others which i haven't one time called any one anything. you talk in circles and say what you say it truth and what I say is distorted lies??? you like myself have proven nothing with zero facts cause there are no facts to be told cause everything here is opinion. did you write speeches for trump? just curious. I mean if you are gonna accuse me of insulting people then I may as well do it.

Notice how no one else likes or replies to you? cause you make no sense. I take pride in not directly insulting anyone as an attack in my posts cause i feel it is uncalled for and even if we disagree i hope people can still stay human, yet you keep saying i am.. sorta done with you so... have a nice day wont reply to you any more. buh bye.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thing is people live just fine with student debt. They don’t jail you for it etc. that’s why people simply never pay it.

let them live with it. Or pay it back. They signed up for it

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
And we are back to what do I get out of it. its still selfishness. Its basically the same as standing there with a rope. Being able to help a person drowning and just doing nothing cause well you wont get anything out of it.

and Ill say again you have bigger things to be upset about "your" tax dollars. https://blog.cheapism.com/biggest-wastes-of-tax-dollars/#slide=7 Paying off student debt would be a tiny drop in the bucket compared to these wastes of your money.... but is anyone bitching about those? nope . why? Because bob next door didn't get anything you didnt out of it.

but god forbit a human being gets a step up in life from "your" tax dollars.
Is it not selfish to think others should pay for your choice to go to college?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Is it not selfish to think others should pay for your choice to go to college?
You need to go back and look at the content and context of his and I's back and forth. I was not saying not wanting to pay others debts was selfish I said not wanting others to get anything because you could not get anything out of it was selfish. And that's pretty much a text book definition of selfish.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Briebee72 stated in a post he/she is playing devils advocate. It appears this may be some sort of game to him/her. I suppose it could be I am wrong about that speculation. Either way there is a pattern.

A more recent example can be the altered definition, to me, of being selfish. I and others are accused of being "selfish" because we are against student loan debt forgiveness. I have reasons for being against student debt forgiveness and have stated them, as have others. My reasons are not because I "do not get anything free from the government". I explained this before yet Briebee 72 continues to try to impose his/her own personal definitions onto my points of view.

I have taken out loans for varying reasons during my life. Never once did I consider any other people around me selfish because they did not help me pay off my own personal debt.

I will try another analogy. Say I am eating out and there are others in the same place eating out who are strangers to me. Am I to be considered selfish if I do not chip in to pay for those strangers meals? I do not think so.
Sure I could pay for a strangers meal. I hear of such things on the news. People picking up the tab for others, those people could be called generous for sure. But are they to be called selfish all the other times they only pay for their own meals?

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello; Briebee72 stated in a post he/she is playing devils advocate. It appears this may be some sort of game to him/her. I suppose it could be I am wrong about that speculation. Either way there is a pattern.

A more recent example can be the altered definition, to me, of being selfish. I and others are accused of being "selfish" because we are against student loan debt forgiveness. I have reasons for being against student debt forgiveness and have stated them, as have others. My reasons are not because I "do not get anything free from the government". I explained this before yet Briebee 72 continues to try to impose his/her own personal definitions onto my points of view.

I have taken out loans for varying reasons during my life. Never once did I consider any other people around me selfish because they did not help me pay off my own personal debt.

I will try another analogy. Say I am eating out and there are others in the same place eating out who are strangers to me. Am I to be considered selfish if I do not chip in to pay for those strangers meals? I do not think so.
Sure I could pay for a strangers meal. I hear of such things on the news. People picking up the tab for others, those people could be called generous for sure. But are they to be called selfish all the other times they only pay for their own meals?
Seriously? I never said anything like that. you keep twisting things around not addressing anything I say on the point, twist what ever I say and then say its me twisting it. flat out saying things I never said and then responding to them as if I did and trying to make a case for something I never said. you have serious issues man.

I never even implied anyone should pay for someone elses dinner or be considered selfish. I said in response to two specific thing you said that you sounded selfish because the way you worded it was that you weren't getting anything from it so why would should you pay. YOU made it sound as if you were simply not interested in helping anyone if you got nothing out of it... and that is the definition of selfish. I was not referring to anyone else being selfish for any other reason period.

Stop twisting what I said. anyway I wont respond to you any more. its been 2 days since you decided to respond and since, you have decided to respond by talking in circles to every single post I have made. you make no sense. plus you keep trying to make it like im talking to everyone when I respond to a specific thing you said. I called any one else selfish and never said any one was. again my whole reason for saying you specifically were selfish is because you in two sperate times said you didn't feel you wanted to help anyone with student loans because you were getting nothing from it. and yes in that specific statement you sounded selfish. Not because you didnt want to help but in the way you stated your reasons for not wanting too. quit twisting what i say to your specific statements and twisting them to make it sound as if Im saying it to everyone.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
"I really don't give two cares either way. I just like playing devils advocate because I seriously think some of you need to lighten up, pull the stick from your butt and be kinder to others. "
I copied this comment form post #327 written by Briebee72

"Seriously? I never said anything like that. you keep twisting things around not addressing anything I say on the point, twist what ever I say and then say its me twisting it. flat out saying things I never said and then responding to them as if I did and trying to make a case for something I never said. you have serious issues man."
I copied this comment form post #335 written by Briebee72 just in the last few hours.

NOTE- for some reason the site will not allow me to grab quotes in the usual way so I had to use copy and paste.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Seriously? I never said anything like that. you keep twisting things around not addressing anything I say on the point, twist what ever I say and then say its me twisting it. flat out saying things I never said and then responding to them as if I did and trying to make a case for something I never said. you have serious issues man.

I never even implied anyone should pay for someone elses dinner or be considered selfish. I said in response to two specific thing you said that you sounded selfish because the way you worded it was that you weren't getting anything from it so why would should you pay. YOU made it sound as if you were simply not interested in helping anyone if you got nothing out of it... and that is the definition of selfish. I was not referring to anyone else being selfish for any other reason period.

Stop twisting what I said. anyway I wont respond to you any more. its been 2 days since you decided to respond and since, you have decided to respond by talking in circles to every single post I have made. you make no sense. plus you keep trying to make it like im talking to everyone when I respond to a specific thing you said. I called any one else selfish and never said any one was. again my whole reason for saying you specifically were selfish is because you in two sperate times said you didn't feel you wanted to help anyone with student loans because you were getting nothing from it. and yes in that specific statement you sounded selfish. Not because you didnt want to help but in the way you stated your reasons for not wanting too. quit twisting what i say to your specific statements and twisting them to make it sound as if Im saying it to everyone.
Hello; If you truly intend to quit this thread such will be good enough and we can leave it be. However if you come back on this thread I challenge you to find statements written by me to back up the claims you have made about me. I have put the two comments from you in bold print. I contend I have never made such statements. If the site will not allow the usual method of quoting please include the post number in your response.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello; If you truly intend to quit this thread such will be good enough and we can leave it be. However if you come back on this thread I challenge you to find statements written by me to back up the claims you have made about me. I have put the two comments from you in bold print. I contend I have never made such statements. If the site will not allow the usual method of quoting please include the post number in your response.
Ok what ever. The quotes you quoted I don't even know why. Or what the hell you are talking about. Not quiting thread... Quiting responding to you.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ok what ever. The quotes you quoted I don't even know why. Or what the hell you are talking about. Not quiting thread... Quiting responding to you.
Hello; To others who may be following this thread since Briebee72 has decided not to back up the statements he made about me. I get that most of you are not interested in disputes between the two of us. I am against forgiveness of federal student loans for reasons I have tried to be clear about. I resent the way he has implied I have selfish reasons for my opinion. My opinions are not based on personal selfish reasons. That he has failed to back up his claims ought to stand as evidence.

Perhaps we now can continue with more a more productive discussion. I apologize for the side track but will not allow such slurs against me go unchallenged.
Sponsored