Sponsored

Stuck on Manifold choice Sniper vs. 302

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
guys, i just got a few black snipers in after 5 months of being on order!!!!

hit me up!
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Pony, my parts are starting to trickle in for my build. Im going to be running the boss mani with a tt setup, any tips or tricks i should know?

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Pony, my parts are starting to trickle in for my build. Im going to be running the boss mani with a tt setup, any tips or tricks i should know?
Pretty straight forward honestly. One off other on, might need to extend the brake booster vacuum line a bit. Also, I added the clip on connectors to clean up the lines a bit (you can it below) . Just don't over tighten the intake mani bolt, they snap pretty easy. I busted two and [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] snapped one too during his recent manifold test. Also I am assuming you are doing motor mounts with your build, it not you will cut the stock hood but that takes all of 3 minutes with a dremel.

Easy swap!
IMG_5157.jpg

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea kit comes with motor mounts but I also have a cowl hood. Should be good there.

Thanks for the info! Killer setup.

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Yea kit comes with motor mounts but I also have a cowl hood. Should be good there.

Thanks for the info! Killer setup.
Thanks!

Who is doing your block build? Looking for a built short block.

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jay at Hypermotive. That should also be here very soon.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Pretty straight forward honestly. One off other on, might need to extend the brake booster vacuum line a bit. Also, I added the clip on connectors to clean up the lines a bit (you can it below) . Just don't over tighten the intake mani bolt, they snap pretty easy. I busted two and [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] snapped one too during his recent manifold test. Also I am assuming you are doing motor mounts with your build, it not you will cut the stock hood but that takes all of 3 minutes with a dremel.

Easy swap!

yah i have been after upper management for awhile now on including a higher quality bolt with the intake.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
No bolt issues here for me. Easy peasy!

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
well i will say they are going to start coming with better bolts now that i have thrown a fit about it

Sponsored
OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Not happy at all...Not sure what is going on... Since my last tune revision it has felt flat up top and now I can see why, now I have evidence I am not crazy...The Boss was supposed to solve this problem.

First, the numbers mean nothing to me...If anything I was happy with the amount of torque I saw relative to the low whp number. It was 98*, 80% humidity and just a overall shitty day to go for max numbers. Pull was done in 4th. All I cared about was ensuring I didn't flat line above 7k.

Well I didn't flat line but it nose dives above 7k...

Factor 1 Wastgate...
I watched the boost gauge to ensure it kept building boost and just like always the gate creeps open at 10psi as set (5500) and builds to about 11.5 at 7700. So there is no drop in boost or flat lining of boost all the way to 7700... it merely slows down to peak... If boost was dropping or not building I would say it is the wastegate, but since it is still climbing after it opens I don't think it is the WG.

Factor 2 Fuel..
Fuel is good, you can see it add timing all the way up and knock is -4 so I doubt any issues with fuel are present. AFR was good as well..

Factor 3 Weather...
Yes it was shitty...no it shouldn't have caused a full on drop off...

Factor 4 tune...
I am sending the logs and graph in but expect to hear..."things look good"...

Anyone see something I am missing?

Logs are attached...Video below as well as graph...

Two logs in this link..One on BG1 and the other BG2...it did not respond well to more boost in the second run...
http://www.datazap.me/u/mylilpony/dyno-logs?log=0&data=1-4-22

Video, I think you can hear the thing struggle high in the RPM's...
[ame]
dyno1.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Are all of your lines hooked up correctly? Check log for irmc activity. Also check for belt slip around the blower and boost to 7500

You could be over spinning the blower and driving up IAT's.

Edit: saw you had the BOSS on...IRMC are out of equation. I would check intake temps and if it's 145-165 you could be blowing hot air. This is why I prefer running a 3.48" as you get a more enjoyable curve. The WG caused my car to feel flat at 7k but remember you're getting power before most others. The 'gate was great for the S197 it seems the S550 doesn't need it. The 3.6" and e85 should make 675-700rwhp. I would slap that on and bypass the WG

Last edited:
OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Are all of your lines hooked up correctly? Check log for irmc activity. Also check for belt slip around the blower and boost to 7500
Yeah lines are good, there is no IMRC to worry about, Boss got rid of those. I'll check for belt slip but i watch the boost gauge the whole time...nice and steady linear climb all the way to 11.5

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

You could be over spinning the blower and blower hot air over a heat soaked FMIC
Boss manifold, no IMRC.

I think the "flatlining" was quite normal for a wastegate, you give up a little up top to gain low and mid. But peak numbers should be higher.

I think dyno tuning is needed to optimize VCT for your setup. "Looks good" ain't good enough.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Yeah see my edit I didn't read the whole thread. My friend who bought mY setup I put together is selling it to go back to pulley regulated boost
Sponsored