Strut brace that will fit top mount super charger

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Woof, that is tight. Thanks for the spacer bit as that does give some good context.

You don't find the SC ribs bounce the brace when you stand on it and the engine wakes up?
Nope. There's enough clearance. I would definitely consider going with the one that @monte87 has if my car didn't come with the Ford strut tower brace.

@monte87
What do you get if you measure from the top of the installed Schropp brace to the center rib on top of the blower. Curious to see if I can add more space to the Ford brace.
Sponsored

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
here's mine
20191108_092347.jpg
Are you running a stock Bullitt hood? I measured the clearance between the s/c and the hood with the insulation removed and came up with 3/4". Doesn't look like enough clearance but maybe you can provide some insight.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Nope. There's enough clearance. I would definitely consider going with the one that @monte87 has if my car didn't come with the Ford strut tower brace.

@monte87
What do you get if you measure from the top of the installed Schropp brace to the center rib on top of the blower. Curious to see if I can add more space to the Ford brace.
Thanks, dude. I bought mine because I liked the fact, it was plug and play straight outta the box. I had my old ford strut tower brace as well. You did a fabulous job making it fit, looks fantastic and custom. KUDOS!!!
I have 1/4 inch space between brace and rib on blower. But, it was hitting the underhood insulation, so I cut the space needed to clear it... I didn't like the insulation hitting the polished aluminum bar, especially after polishing it up. It was leaving marks and the heat was baking it into aluminum. I had to sand and polish every week, fcuk that.. So I modified it... I like the insulation because it catches the water through the hood vents and keeps engine bay dry. I don't like it being wet.
Hope this helps!!
Anthony
See pic*

Screenshot_20230203_100403_Gallery.jpg

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

@monte87
Here are 2 more up close pics for you. It measured 1/4 inch space, but in the pics the ROUSH blower plate is in the way and looks tighter, but it's 1/4 inch....
Anthony

Screenshot_20230203_101602_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230203_101614_Gallery.jpg

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
I dont see this fitting on here. I cant get the threads to show on one side and I'm hitting the cross member brace on the top of the whipple.

PXL_20230205_180804763.jpg

PXL_20230205_180817844.jpg

Sponsored

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
I checked the clearance between my Whipple 3L, Gen5 and the underside of my stock Bullitt hood (with insulation removed) and there is only 3/4" to fit the spacers and the cross brace = won't work for me.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, dude. I bought mine because I liked the fact, it was plug and play straight outta the box. I had my old ford strut tower brace as well. You did a fabulous job making it fit, looks fantastic and custom. KUDOS!!!
I have 1/4 inch space between brace and rib on blower. But, it was hitting the underhood insulation, so I cut the space needed to clear it... I didn't like the insulation hitting the polished aluminum bar, especially after polishing it up. It was leaving marks and the heat was baking it into aluminum. I had to sand and polish every week, fcuk that.. So I modified it... I like the insulation because it catches the water through the hood vents and keeps engine bay dry. I don't like it being wet.
Hope this helps!!
Anthony
See pic*

Screenshot_20230203_100403_Gallery.jpg
I wonder if the version you have will fit the whipple.
I also found this thread where it seems it can be done as it was on the GT350
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/5-gen-whipple-with-strut-tower-brace.140890/

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I dont see this fitting on here. I cant get the threads to show on one side and I'm hitting the cross member brace on the top of the whipple.
That's what I was worried about with the Whipple's wide heart shaped cover vs the Ford strut brace's slope from center to wheel well. That Schropp brace looks to have better side clearance for the Whipple. I'd reach out and see if they could confirm fitment.

Looks like @Kurtis502 has taller spacers on the passenger's side. All 4 of his factory flange nuts are flush with the top of the studs.

here's mine
20191108_092347.jpg

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@monte87 what brand is your tower brace? sorry if I missed it before

Kurtis502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1970 Boss 302, 1967 Mustang fastback, 1967 corvette 427, 1967 Chevelle SS, 1970 Z-28 Camaro
Are you running a stock Bullitt hood? I measured the clearance between the s/c and the hood with the insulation removed and came up with 3/4". Doesn't look like enough clearance but maybe you can provide some insight.
I'm running the stock hood, I did install lower motor mounts. The stock motor mounts are huge cast aluminum pieces. The aftermarket replacements are really nice powder coated steel ones with poly bushings, much more room for headers.
I did still have to install some aluminum spacers under the strut brace.

Sponsored

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
I'm running the stock hood, I did install lower motor mounts. The stock motor mounts are huge cast aluminum pieces. The aftermarket replacements are really nice powder coated steel ones with poly bushings, much more room for headers.
Thanks Glen

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hiya!
Email Schropp and ask them, they are great!!! Very helpful....
As for that link you posted, i was not interested in lowering engine so i didnt bother.

Thanks Anthony

P.S. Its a Schropp tuning brace from Germany.
Thank you... I emailed them

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like @Kurtis502 has taller spacers on the passenger's side. All 4 of his factory flange nuts are flush with the top of the studs.
One side has taller studs than the other (right side on a RHD).

Also bear in mind that about the top 8mm of the stud is unthreaded i.e. if the nut it level with the top, the locking part isn’t doing anything and only a few threads have grabbed hold :like:

1675719882024.jpeg

WD :like:
Sponsored