Ahmedi1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmed
Vehicle(s)
Mustang PP 2017
Hi,
If I need to add Supercharger on my Mustang Gt model 2017 and I nee to add the Strut brace do I Have to change the hood???as I need the shape to be as stock
Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just wondering if there’s any option for strut tower brace with stock hood. I want to keep the bracing because gonna be road racing. Also not really wanting a centri style for weight distribution reasons and twins are out because I don’t like turbos.
i think ive seen some people lower their engine a little bit to make the brace fit. otherwise, not sure.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi,
If I need to add Supercharger on my Mustang Gt model 2017 and I nee to add the Strut brace do I Have to change the hood???as I need the shape to be as stock
I don't think so. I never tested the strut brace with a stock hood because I have an aftermarket hood before I got the brace. I would think it will still fit since the strut brace was meant for a stock Roush SC and the stock hood.

imxz28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clark
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 2021 Tacoma Sport
I have a Roush Phase 2 kit on my 2019 GT and was successful at placing the strut tower brace in place with no bolts secured and it fit and I was able to close the hood. This tells me there is enough clearance but it was minimal at best. you will need 1/2~3/4 inch spacer under the brace.
It would just be a matter of finding the perfect spacer size.
I know you will have at least 1/4 inch over the blower and 1/4 inch under the hood.
Maybe add a rubber pad between the hood and brace?

Ahmedi1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmed
Vehicle(s)
Mustang PP 2017
I don't think so. I never tested the strut brace with a stock hood because I have an aftermarket hood before I got the brace. I would think it will still fit since the strut brace was meant for a stock Roush SC and the stock hood.
Thanks for the feedback budy

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Roush Phase 2 kit on my 2019 GT and was successful at placing the strut tower brace in place with no bolts secured and it fit and I was able to close the hood. This tells me there is enough clearance but it was minimal at best. you will need 1/2~3/4 inch spacer under the brace.
It would just be a matter of finding the perfect spacer size.
I know you will have at least 1/4 inch over the blower and 1/4 inch under the hood.
Maybe add a rubber pad between the hood and brace?
Did you have to remove the portion of the brace that attaches to the firewall too or just the strut one?

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Where do you even buy the 2020 GT500 strut tower. I can’t find it anywhere. And I’m wondering how much it is. I bet very expensive for what it is.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Where do you even buy the 2020 GT500 strut tower. I can’t find it anywhere. And I’m wondering how much it is. I bet very expensive for what it is.
Shelby/ford doesn't usually sell shelby specific parts without jumping through some hoops. When doing collision repair estimates they often require the original damaged parts be returned BEFORE they will send the replacement parts. I suspect that something unique like this strut tower brace will require the same to purchase from ford, otherwise its hunting one down to buy privately or waiting for a clone

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It just takes time. Now the marketplace has plenty of sources for the GT350 track pack struct tower brace (the aluminum version).

You can now buy GT350R front splitters (Ford OEM) and such but just after release, it took a bit for mimick and knockoffs to hit the market and then eventually you could find actual Ford part numbers.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the Ford sourced brace for the 500 though because looking at it, it's almost certainly going to cost a fortune. It won't be long before someone offers a similar knockoff style/design at a more economical price point.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
My software list it at almost 1500 bucks lol