Strut brace that will fit top mount super charger

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Do you have a part number/price yet for the track pack GT500 rear wing?
No, doesn't show any track package specific parts. Not unusual, i usually have to get pricing on those type of things
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Understood. I wasn't holding my breath. Not to derail the thread, but do you have a part number for the rain tray that goes under the hood?

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Oddly it only list the hood, i am sure you can get the tray separately just not listed

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried putting a spacer below the stock brace? Hood clearance? I'm heading up to Brenspeed in Indiana Sunday for a Roush Phase 2 install on my my 2017GT/PP.

Screenshot_20200612-152732_Gallery.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried putting a spacer below the stock brace? Hood clearance? I'm heading up to Brenspeed in Indiana Sunday for a Roush Phase 2 install on my my 2017GT/PP.

Screenshot_20200612-152732_Gallery.jpg
Euro RHD cars need 8mm spacers under the brace.

Ford include these spacers in the RHD brace kits - it must be cheaper for them than making a RHD specific brace.

The problem is that the spacer limits the engagement of the nyloc nut on the mounting studs (even more so with the 350 ally brace as the end plates are thicker due to being aluminium).

The problem side is your drivers side, for some reason Ford choose to use longer studs on the passenger side.

I ground part of my brace so Iā€™m didnā€™t have to use the spacers, the mod is only needed on our drivers side, which ironically is the side with the longer studs :

1637483070834.jpeg

Your drivers side with the 350 brace WITHOUT spacers, note approx one full turn of spare thread after the nyloc :

1637482861047.jpeg

Ford obviously deemed it to be OK, but can you imagine the above photo with an additional 8mm spacer under the brace ?

I know thatā€™s a bit around the houses, but I hope it helps ?

WD :like:

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
As long as there are threads coming out of the top of the nut, it's sufficient. Any length or thread beyond the top of the nut is excess and does not contribute to the fastener strength.

Doh_Canada

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT 6spd PP Roush Phase 2, 19 F150 5.0L
Hey folks.... New member, and first post in the forum. Also sorry to resurrect an old thread, but there is limited info out there on this topic, and this is probably the best thread online to address it.

When I bought my current car ('21 6spd PP GT) and was doing my Roushifying research, this was a question that consumed me. I had a 2017 non PP car previously with 20" factory wheels. In that configuration, you got the lower K brace, but not the strut brace. I added the strut brace to that car, and it in fact makes a very noticeable difference if you like to toss the car around a lot.

That being said, if I was going to bolt a supercharger to the new car and push it past 750HP, I didn't want to give up any handling or stiffness. The Ford dealer that did my car, has kept the brace on all of their builds by simply using spacers under the brace. It is very tight, but it does in fact work. The hood liner can also stay on the car as well. In fact a nice side effect it, it pretty much completely reduces hood flutter, and the brace makes enough contact with the hood liner to keep it very stiff. There is also just barely enough thread left on the bolts on the drivers side to make this work as well.

Anyway, I am pretty sure this is a common question for people looking at the Roush kits, and I have used this forum a lot over the years as a lurker to answer a lot questions I've had with my cars, so I felt I'd give a little back to help anyone else with this issue. Attached is a pic of the brace, and of course the required garage shot. Up here our Mustangs are in hibernation until May.

brace.jpg
in garage.jpg
Cheers from Canada.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Trevor, I'd almost forgotten this thread until you did us a favor and posted. Can you tell me make and model number of that brace and whether the installation needs a couple of extra holes in each strut tower (which appears to be the case)

Doh_Canada

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
Trevor, I'd almost forgotten this thread until you did us a favor and posted. Can you tell me make and model number of that brace and whether the installation needs a couple of extra holes in each strut tower (which appears to be the case)

It's the factory brace that came with the car. There's just a stack of washers under the brace to clear the blower. From my discussions with the dealer, all that was required was a stack of washers underneath. I am at work today, but if you'd like, I can take a few pics of the clearance and washer stack when I get home.

Also, looking at photos of the factory config on a 2018+ car, I don't see any other extra holes. Unless I'm missing something.

Cheers

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, thanks for the info and for giving back, glad it worked for you. My Whipple is a bit wider than the Roush and it already imprints into the hood liner so I'm not holding out much hope.

Sponsored

Doh_Canada

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
Hey, thanks for the info and for giving back, glad it worked for you. My Whipple is a bit wider than the Roush and it already imprints into the hood liner so I'm not holding out much hope.
Yeah, I highly doubt it would work with a Whipple. It is so close with the Roush kit there's almost nothing to spare. I think I heard Whipple guys saying the GT500 brace works if you can somehow get your hands on one.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Factory brace with washers! That's easy enough. I have a VMP 2.3, which is in essentially the same blower case as your Roush - other than the intake elbow that VMP decided not to make removable šŸ˜”

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I ha e a factory brace off of my now-sold ā€˜19 GT- free to anyone who wants it..play to make it fit? I am in
Bay Area, Ca.