Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Well layed out...thanks for your input!!
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Well layed out...thanks for your input!!
For some reason I thought your car was supercharged.

Still, my comments stand....

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Based on what you currently have, I'd personally have a hard time making the swap...

Look beyond the exalted Shelby name and don't get hung up on it. Back when I had my GT500, I was blinded by the hype somewhat and thought it would be the be all, end all car for me but it just wasn't. Granted, the GT350 is a far more impressive car from an engineering standpoint, but I think you see where I'm going. Focus on the hardware, not marketing fluff.

I've pondered making the jump too, but have more or less decided to stick with what I have. ADMs pissed me off initially, plus the threads about engine buggery, although probably rare statistically, have scared me off for the most part. I have one of those lives where I'd be virtually guaranteed to get a lemon, and a substantially larger financial outlay on a weekend toy that might be the automotive equivalent of Russian Roulette doesn't fly with me. Meanwhile, my lowly GT has been rock solid and has become my favorite Mustang.

An acquaintance has an R and, frankly, I think it's pretty gutless compared to the Coyote unless you wring the piss out of it. Sounds fantastic though. Giving up the snort of your blown car would be tough, IMO. In the end you have to decide if the expense and compromises are really worth it.
.... and this comes from a person who never owned a GT350. Don't listen to what he says... Get one, life is short, forget about expenses and compromises, just do it!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I drove a 2015 GT for a year and now I've driven my GT350 for nearly two. For me the GT350 is basically just a hot rodded GT with everything turned up to 11. Your GT has mods so it has a similar high-winding characteristic to the GT350, though. So you already have a hot rodded GT.

For me the FPC V8 has a mystique and a sound/character that I love. I don't want a torquey truck engine in my performance vehicle.

I like the front visibility mods that Ford did to the GT350.

The suspension with Magneride on the GT350 to me is a must have. The firmness is just about perfect and I love the way Magneride controls body motions. It's amazing how well the GT350 can turn. It's very rare to find a car that will out turn one.

Even having the active exhaust is awesome. I love how quiet it can be and it's perfect loudness IMO with the valves opened up. Regular Mustang GTs are so quiet.

To me the GT350 just seems more special. I was tired of owning Mustang GTs and I was looking for something different. The price was higher than I wanted to pay, but now I think it was worth it.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
An acquaintance has an R and, frankly, I think it's pretty gutless compared to the Coyote unless you wring the piss out of it.
So when driving a R like a Coyote it's unimpressive, but when driving a R like it's meant to be driven... well let's not consider that in our thoughts? Strange.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So when driving a R like a Coyote it's unimpressive, but when driving an R like it's meant to be driven... well let's not consider that in our thoughts? Strange.
Definitely to be considered if you spend a fair amount of time on a track. That's where it's gonna be a killer.

Normal driving around? Not as much, at least for the little I sampled.

Oh, to have both though...

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Definitely to be considered if you spend a fair amount of time on a track. That's where it's gonna be a killer.

Normal driving around? Not as much, at least for the little I sampled.

Oh, to have both though...
I agree, definitely need a track to fully experience these cars.

I'll preface my next thought with this, to make sure nobody thinks I'm dissing GTs: The S550 GT's ass is what made me start looking at Mustangs long enough to come across the GT350 and take it seriously. I saw this video of the GT350 vs Hellcat [ame] and various other vids and was sold. But I think the GTs are great cars...

That said - with regard to your "to have both.." statement... I can't imagine a day where, given the choice to drive a GT or a GT350R I'd pick the GT (weather/depreciation etc not as a consideration).

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking I'm going to be able to tell pretty quick if the 350 is for me. I like the feedback you guys are giving me it already makes me want one! I can throw all the power adders/suspension and anything else I can afford at my GT now but at the end of the day it's still a regular gt. I'm excited to drive the 350 and see what my next move is. I may be having a parts liquidation!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That said - with regard to your "to have both.." statement... I can't imagine a day where, given the choice to drive a GT or a GT350R I'd pick the GT (weather/depreciation etc not as a consideration).
GT: normal street and strip use with the comforts.

GT350: road course. Extra nod to the R.

Yeah, I'd like to have both. :D

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
So the 350 is not as comfortable as the premium GT?

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Better idea is to just buy ours, haha!

Leave it supercharged, or just pull it off and put it back N/A and get it for an even better deal once you sell off the Blower.

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Got a link?
Sponsored