Strongly considering a gt350...

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Hey guys! I've had my 17 gt premium since February of this year and have had it at 507 rwhp for a couple months now ( all motor) with supporting mods and all that. Looking back now I kinda wish I would've saved the money from the parts and labor on it and sold/traded for a gt350. But I didn't and here I am! Don't get me wrong...I love the car and it is a blast to drive and is more car than I need for what I do with it most of the time, but I can't help the fact that I can't stop thinking about a 350??? If I got one I would pretty much leave it unmolested. Unlike my current gt. And I already know I am going to lose my ass on resale or trade in on my current setup and I've come to terms with that. I am literally 50/50 on the decision right now. Once I get my mind made up I tend to stick with it and follow thru. I would like some feedback from you guys, what should I do? Enjoy my current car for a while?convert mine back as close to stock sell the parts and trade? Sell it as is and take the loss? By the way it has 5500 miles currently and is in excellent condition. A very nice build IMO. But still not a gt350...
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
From your post, I'm still not sure why specifically you want a GT350, other than the fact that it'd be a GT350.

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
You nailed it! Same reason I wanted a regular GT at the time. But who doesn't want a gt350 right?

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
With 507 rwhp you will probably be giving up a little power for a stock GT350. It may depend on what you use the car for. I traded my 12 GT in on my GT350. It's a bunch of fun to drive, with a lot of changes over a 12 GT - probably be less so compared to a 15 GT. It's not as good of a daily driver or commuter. The front will drag over an ant hill. I have to plan my driving route even around town. There are some places, intersections and entrances I just can't use any more. But the transmission is almost worth the change - it's 1000% improvement over the GT transmission (unless the newer ones are improved). The brakes are incredible. And the engine sound is truly unique. Mileage (if anyone cares) is about 2-1/2 to 3 mpg less for me. Re-sell value should hold up much better. My 2 cents from 1 month ownership.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
You nailed it! Same reason I wanted a regular GT at the time. But who doesn't want a gt350 right?
Best advice I can give you is to try get a test drive at a Carmax or dealership that has one. If not, I'd find an owner here or another forum where they can at least let you experience it, if not drive it. Most owners I've seen on here have been friendly and more than willing to let potential owners at least get a ride in their car.

This car is amazing, but if I were in your shoes, it'd probably be a no go since you're in so deep on it. With that said, I'm still in love with the car over a year later.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
With 507 rwhp you will probably be giving up a little power for a stock GT350. It may depend on what you use the car for. I traded my 12 GT in on my GT350. It's a bunch of fun to drive, with a lot of changes over a 12 GT - probably be less so compared to a 15 GT. It's not as good of a daily driver or commuter. The front will drag over an ant hill. I have to plan my driving route even around town. There are some places, intersections and entrances I just can't use any more. But the transmission is almost worth the change - it's 1000% improvement over the GT transmission (unless the newer ones are improved). The brakes are incredible. And the engine sound is truly unique. Mileage (if anyone cares) is about 2-1/2 to 3 mpg less for me. Re-sell value should hold up much better. My 2 cents from 1 month ownership.
Not only is the low front a pain, you have to be careful on some roads because they Tramline so badly. The GT350 could be downright dangerous for some inexperienced drivers. On smooth surfaces they are a marvel to drive. Get on pavement that is less than ideal with imperfections and they can be a handful.

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
I definitely will be finding one to test drive if possible, Knoxville carmax has one on the lot. I guess that would be the best place to start before I went much further with my decision. Thanks for the advice! And honestly it's not about the hp or tq numbers. I'm sure I'll give up power but I can add more later. I've considered doing heads and forged internals and raising the compression on my 5.0 if I keep it but I don't want to put anymore into it until I decide which route I want to go.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
If your favorite thing about your GT is the takeoff/low end torque from stoplight to stoplight I would caution you to stay the course. If it's more about the GT350 badge and VooDoo sound then it is a no-brainer to go for it!

I went straight for the cannonball in the deep end of the pool from a 13' Maxima to my GT350R....best vehicle decision everrrrrrrr. The guys here will help you any way they can, pretty awesome community.

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
My low end already sucks pretty bad. My car is lazy until 4K and beyond. But yes the badges and the sound get me. Good lord a maxima to 350r?! I bet that was a pretty exciting day for you. That's awesome. I know the regular GT guys are big help and great people for the most part, I couldn't imagine you guys being any different. Thanks for the advice so far!! Keep it coming

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
You'd lose your butt on the trade and then be disappointed by the low end HP and torque of the GT350 in comparison to what you have right now. Just sayin'...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your input. I realize the beating I would take on the trade in but the low end torque and horsepower with my cobra jet intake is lacking. My torque is 382. So I'm not concerned with that to much

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
My car doesn't make power until 5500

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=19414]Shift[/MENTION] I'm taking your advice. Just had the gt350 transferred from Knoxville to Chattanooga so I'll be able to drive it close to the end of the week. Thanks for the recommendation I think that's a great idea to try before I buy....or consider to buy. That'll give me a whole lot better idea of what I want to do

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
My 2 cents when trading up on newer models you are always going to take a beating I don't know your financial position which matters but if your solid and you won't miss a meal you will not regret owning a gt 350 I love my car
Sponsored