Sponsored

Strong selling price for an R on Bring a Trailer

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I was happy with the result of this auction especially when you tack on the 5% buyers premium. I always like knowing what these cars actually sell for.

I look at eBay as well but you have to take the “completed/sold“ listings with a grain of salt, the majority of them say sold for X but that is not actually the case and many of those cars are relisted for sale . I thing BAT gives a more accurate picture of the current market.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2016-ford-shelby-gt350r-9/
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Indeed, a stellar price. Shadow black initially was a more difficult color to move from the showroom. I love the color, but can’t maintain black cars anymore.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Indeed, a stellar price. Shadow black initially was a more difficult color to move from the showroom. I love the color, but can’t maintain black cars anymore.
A lot of people are afraid of the upkeep and maintenance. As a Shadow Black owner, having full PPF and ceramic coating is a must in my opinion. So far, both have helped eliminate all the nightmares that come associated with maintaining a black car.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Wow, $68k plus premium. Very strong money for a '16R.

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Wow, that’s the same car i have (except mine is a 17) and more $ than I paid new at msrp before tax.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I thing BAT gives a more accurate picture of the current market.
Really surprising price (IMO), but auctions bring out the whales. BaT is most definitely NOT an indication of current market.

All that being said, BaT has a soft spot for the R. The few R vehicles that have been listed seem to over perform, especially with low mileage (IMO). Now, A non-R.. don't waste your time. Non-R cars consistently perform very poorly on BaT (IMO), usually closing under fair trade.

BaT definitely has a type.

OP
OP
dom418

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Really surprising price (IMO), but auctions bring out the whales. BaT is most definitely NOT an indication of current market.

All that being said, BaT has a soft spot for the R. The few R vehicles that have been listed seem to over perform, especially with low mileage (IMO). Now, A non-R.. don't waste your time. Non-R cars consistently perform very poorly on BaT (IMO), usually closing under fair trade.

BaT definitely has a type.
I disagree, but in your opinion what do you use as an indication of the market?

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I disagree, but in your opinion what do you use as an indication of the market?
I'm in the business, so my tools are different.

If I had to recommend something to blend the positions (buyer vs seller), NADA prices are a good foundation.. Consumer facing stuff like eBay autos, the sold listings are valuable because of the public historical data. For a car like these, I prefer a forum for sale section.. I find them much more realistic of an average.

BaT is a premium auction platform. Dealers want all the money. Buyers want to pay as little as possible. FSBO, this is the way.
Sponsored