Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sorry, had them in a temp folder at work and dumped them months ago!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm somewhat of a geek when it comes to production numbers so I decided to spring for a Marti report on my car just for kicks, as well as the personalized stats. 1 of 1. Mecum, here we come! LOL

What I was most curious about was how many Performance Pack cars were built in Magnetic with the Red Line interior. More of an oddball than I thought, no wonder I've never seen another in the flesh. :crazy:
stats.jpg

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years LE #1523
Do you think those mounting brackets would work in plastic, such as produced on a 3D printer? I personally don't see that there'd be any problem, I'm just looking for a more experienced opinion.

Also, is it mandatory for the IMRC vacuum stuff to be cut off the back? I kept my IMRC system functional.

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think the brackets would have to be beefed up quite a bit in 3D-printed form. The little ball socket things on the intake cover require a bit of force to put into place or remove, and I think printed stuff might break. Worth a shot though, if you printed them solid with no sparsing.

I'm not sure that the '18 IMRC could be kept functional in conjunction with the pre'18 intake cover. You'd have to do plenty of surgery on the rear of the cover for sure.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Some of the parts may work if printed with a SLS nylon, they may still have to be redesigned for greater strength. I doubt the usual PLA material will work even with a stronger design.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Some of the parts may work if printed with a SLS nylon, they may still have to be redesigned for greater strength. I doubt the usual PLA material will work even with a stronger design.
True.

Nylon or Ultem would be likely candidates, but I think the parts would need to be redesigned. Probably as a unitized piece with reinforcing webbing rather than individual parts also.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
True.

Nylon or Ultem would be likely candidates, but I think the parts would need to be redesigned. Probably as a unitized piece with reinforcing webbing rather than individual parts also.
Webbing looks like a good idea. I milled some pieces I had printed in nylon SLS and the interior looked just like solid nylon (because it is?).

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Would the SLS nylon or Ultem have the heat tolerance necessary?

Alternatively, about how much would it cost to get metal pieces carved at a machine shop?

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Ultem would for sure since it requires higher operating temps in a 3D printer. It's pretty tough stuff.

As for the machining cost, it would really depend on the shop. I'm fortunate to have a friend with a machine shop, so custom parts just cost me a few beers.

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I know someone whose boyfriend has a 3D printer. I was told he can do “petg” and “abs”. Either of them possible?

As for machining cost, I’m just looking for a ballpark figure...like $50 or $500.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I know someone whose boyfriend has a 3D printer. I was told he can do “petg” and “abs”. Either of them possible?

As for machining cost, I’m just looking for a ballpark figure...like $50 or $500.
PET and ABS probably have too low a transition temperature for underhood use, they would probably start to flow. Some nylons with glass infusion will hold up well beyond the boiling point so they may be good for underhood. The SLS process makes almost a solid material and should be stronger than the extrusion process used by most home printers.
Still, it may be worth a try.

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

I'd guess a ballpark around $50-100, give or take. The parts are pretty simple.

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
Curious if anyone has decided to come up with a product, and sell/market it. I like the engine cover and would like to re-install it.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if anyone has decided to come up with a product, and sell/market it. I like the engine cover and would like to re-install it.
no one we know of. I had some from Veeefour(banned for not wanting to pay sponsor money on his brackets) in a unmarked box in garage. Wifey decided to clean garage out. GONE!

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1