Street/Strip Alignment - What works

Zeb8806

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium PP
Looking for advice on what to target for my alignment. Thought about putting this in the drag section but figured there would be more views here. Searches around but could t really find a great answer in other threads. The basics were to have some negative toe in the rear and camber closer to zero in the rear.

Basically where should I deviate from factory specs or ranges? Most concerned with rear camber and toe.

Manual transmission stage 2 Whipple car, steeda stop the hop kit with bmr drag springs and Viking shocks,Nto5r tires exedy dual disc clutch.

About 3000 miles of street use a season and realistically less the 50 1/4 mile passes. Hoping to break into the 10s if I can get it off the line without destruction I’m sure I can.
Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Subscribed.

I’m actually going through some traction issues due to my alignment. Ever since I changed the alignment to drag specs (0 camber in the rear, .12 toe on each side) the car has been struggling for traction on the street. I thought putting it to drag specs would help with traction but maybe that’s not the case on the street. I am going to change the rear camber back to -1.0 on each side and see if that helps.

OP
OP

Zeb8806

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium PP
Interesting, there’s a lot of high horsepower cars on here but not a lot of sharing when it comes to alignment specs. Maybe I’m over thinking it.

Where you in factory specs before and saw a noticeable decrease in traction? Are you talking specifically at launch, what about high speed stability?

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah you’re right it’s tough getting good feedback on suspension. Traction felt good on stock springs with Viking Crusader Shocks. I went ahead and got bmr drag springs and got the car aligned and since then the car has been struggling for traction. This is from a 60 roll on wastegate so about 800hp. Stability feels fine at high speeds.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
For the street this is what works for me:
F: -1.4 camber, -0.2 total toe out -0.1 per side
R: -1.4 camber, +0.2 total toe in 0.1 per side

For the track I just make my front camber -2.0 max by the steeda camber plates.

I love this alignment and car is super responsive and turning on rails.
Sponsored