• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 27

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I don't think we fundamentally disagree about thought police, all the stupid laws, and everything else in 1984. My only concern is many of us get wrapped up in the smoke screen that is created and we focus our efforts in places that won't affect change. I am not defending bad cops, there are some out their; but even then it does not change much when we get rid of one bad cop in exchange for another. Beat on the cops forever, they will hire more; and likely the next round will be worse.
We are not as far apart as it might seem, that I agree with you on strongly.
One point of clarification though, Iā€™m not talking specifically about bad cops. Iā€™m talking about your average cop that gets an order to remove and arrest someone in a public space for not complying with a mask order. That cop should tell the politician to piss up a rope, even it means taking on some personal risk. On the flip side, the rest of us need to be ready to come to the defense of that officer for doing the right thing. I do my part by voting even though it makes no real difference here. I need the police to do their part as well.
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
We are not as far apart as it might seem, that I agree with you on strongly.
One point of clarification though, Iā€™m not talking specifically about bad cops. Iā€™m talking about your average cop that gets an order to remove and arrest someone in a public space for not complying with a mask order. That cop should tell the politician to piss up a rope, even it means taking on some personal risk. On the flip side, the rest of us need to be ready to come to the defense of that officer for doing the right thing. I do my part by voting even though it makes no real difference here. I need the police to do their part as well.
Unfortunately they are doing their job enforcing the mask policy. While I'd like them to be able to choose to do the right thing, they are doing their job. If more of us voted and removed those directing the policy things would change. At the end if the day we can be angry at the police and blame them, but they do not control the law or policies we disagree with. In Everett, so I am sure you are familiar with the max saga; do you blame the mechanic or QC (since you are in QC) for not downing each max and not allowing them to come off the line? (I think that the two accidents were pilot error, but that it a whole different can of worms). Another unfortunate reality is most of us can't afford to loose our jobs. I do agree that one should do the right thing, but more often than not "we" over extend ourselves and must have a job. Not ideal, and does result in compromise we don't want to make. Not an excuse, but unfortunately a reality many have to live with.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I think some laws are over enforced and taken too seriously, but this car should be on the track, not on the street. If you can spend that kind of dough on your vehicle, go to a F$)#(@ track.

Whoever was driving deserves to get the book thrown at them.
Maybe he can't? It's still cheaper to street rce than pay for a night at the strip.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
The old saying goes, you want to play?, you gotta pay! That covers a wide variety of scenarios these days.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
It is not more convenient to be angry at hired guns enforcing a law which they did not write, or a policy they did not enforce and expect them to change those laws or policies which they cannot change? In this case one should never expect a different outcome and always have something to be angry about.
There is no anger in my posts, nor did I ever said anything about police officers changing laws. You don't need a new law to arrest somebody who is burning cars and destroying private property, it's already there.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Funny thread. I agree with the sentiment and unfortunate about the damage to property. Luckily no one was killed like what happened in florida.

Unfortunately tracks are closing but if people can do events there and pump money into the system then they can and will stay. Even get upgrades to support use further into the future.
Pumping money into an existing track isnā€™t the issueā€¦. The issue is large corporations approaching the land/site owner and enticing them with a big $$$$ offer to push them into selling, period.

Thatā€™s exactly what happened to Englishtown Drag strip (Raceway Park) and now is happening with Atco Racewayā€¦. Freaking Auto Auction Company came swinging their nuts and offered the land/site owners $$$$. Englishtown bit the bait and closed the drag strip for good in 2017, it was destroyed and turned into a huge parking lot for holding auction vehicles. Atco is on the verge of closing, as they too have been approached by the same Auto Auction Entity and may suffer the same fate. The town of Atco and folks on Yellow Bullet have been trying to sway the site owner NOT to sell to the Auto Auction Corpā€¦ or at least sell it to someone who will keep it as it should be, a Drag Strip.

Englishtown was around since 1965; Atco has been operational since 1960. BOTH tracks were also NHRA tracks, big money tracks with huge venues, tons of sponsors and lots of nationwide coverage - with plenty of sell out crowds as well. BOTH tracks were the tracks of the original Mustang 5.0 Movement in the 80ā€™s-90ā€™s, as well as the sites of the huge Buick vs Mustang hey days. Do you think having that history and clout stopped the demise of Englishtown? NO. Tell me why the NHRA didnā€™t step in and just buy the trackā€¦. They have the $$$$ to do it. Atco could suffer the same fate.

The other issue besides the Large Nut Swinger Corps moving in is the ā€œcity folkā€. Yes, true and no BS. These tracks sit on massive amounts of acreage in the middle of the woodsā€¦. As the years progressed, so did population. You have the City Slickers come out to the bumf**k country and then start complaining because they can hear ā€œnoiseā€ā€¦. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS EH? City folk complaining about NOISEā€¦ LMFAO. These same people tried for YEARS to shut Englishtown Drag stripā€¦. The developer who built homes near Englishtown and even the Realtors selling the homes made every potential buyer well aware there was a venue nearby AND that during peak times, that venue brought in crowds and noiseā€¦. So those folks who bought those homes STILL complained about the ā€œnoiseā€ā€¦. In the end, it wasnā€™t the City Slickers who got Englishtown Drag strip closed, it was the Auto Auction Corp who waved their swinging cash nutsā€¦

So if you want to support your tracks, do it, and keep going to it and get the word out. If you see threads about street racing, mention where the tracks are, point them out and get these street racers off public roads and into a safer environment. If your track is being threatened with closure, use social media outlets, start an online petition and /or contact your town Govt. and put up a fight to keep it.

Hit this thread and post YOUR track to spread the word to support it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/does-your-state-still-have-an-active-1-4-mile-strip.155303/

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Pumping money into an existing track isnā€™t the issueā€¦. The issue is large corporations approaching the land/site owner and enticing them with a big $$$$ offer to push them into selling, period.

Thatā€™s exactly what happened to Englishtown Drag strip (Raceway Park) and now is happening with Atco Racewayā€¦. Freaking Auto Auction Company came swinging their nuts and offered the land/site owners $$$$. Englishtown bit the bait and closed the drag strip for good in 2017, it was destroyed and turned into a huge parking lot for holding auction vehicles. Atco is on the verge of closing, as they too have been approached by the same Auto Auction Entity and may suffer the same fate. The town of Atco and folks on Yellow Bullet have been trying to sway the site owner NOT to sell to the Auto Auction Corpā€¦ or at least sell it to someone who will keep it as it should be, a Drag Strip.

Englishtown was around since 1965; Atco has been operational since 1960. BOTH tracks were also NHRA tracks, big money tracks with huge venues, tons of sponsors and lots of nationwide coverage - with plenty of sell out crowds as well. BOTH tracks were the tracks of the original Mustang 5.0 Movement in the 80ā€™s-90ā€™s, as well as the sites of the huge Buick vs Mustang hey days. Do you think having that history and clout stopped the demise of Englishtown? NO. Tell me why the NHRA didnā€™t step in and just buy the trackā€¦. They have the $$$$ to do it. Atco could suffer the same fate.

The other issue besides the Large Nut Swinger Corps moving in is the ā€œcity folkā€. Yes, true and no BS. These tracks sit on massive amounts of acreage in the middle of the woodsā€¦. As the years progressed, so did population. You have the City Slickers come out to the bumf**k country and then start complaining because they can hear ā€œnoiseā€ā€¦. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS EH? City folk complaining about NOISEā€¦ LMFAO. These same people tried for YEARS to shut Englishtown Drag stripā€¦. The developer who built homes near Englishtown and even the Realtors selling the homes made every potential buyer well aware there was a venue nearby AND that during peak times, that venue brought in crowds and noiseā€¦. So those folks who bought those homes STILL complained about the ā€œnoiseā€ā€¦. In the end, it wasnā€™t the City Slickers who got Englishtown Drag strip closed, it was the Auto Auction Corp who waved their swinging cash nutsā€¦

So if you want to support your tracks, do it, and keep going to it and get the word out. If you see threads about street racing, mention where the tracks are, point them out and get these street racers off public roads and into a safer environment. If your track is being threatened with closure, use social media outlets, start an online petition and /or contact your town Govt. and put up a fight to keep it.

Hit this thread and post YOUR track to spread the word to support it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/does-your-state-still-have-an-active-1-4-mile-strip.155303/
Ok so I agree with a lot of what youā€™re saying, but I hope youā€™re NOT saying that lack of access to tracks excuses street racing because it surely does not.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Ok so I agree with a lot of what youā€™re saying, but I hope youā€™re NOT saying that lack of access to tracks excuses street racing because it surely does not.
No, lack of track access doesn't excuse street racing. But not having track access sure doesn't do anything to minimize it.

Norm

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

I didn't see him anything like that....:crazy:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
As far as the accident I wouldn't be surprised if the owner ran away and reported everything stolen. He ll just pray no one has it on a camera somewhere in the neighborhood with his picture.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I agree, the officials bad mouthing cops are a major problem. I understand cops donā€™t make law but that doesnā€™t excuse them when their enforcement violates the constitution or give them a free pass to ignore any ethical concerns that arise during enforcement.

AS far as this side discussion these other things are .0000000001% of police encounters.
They have millions of contacts per year that no one ever thinks about.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Nope - not saying that at all.

My above reply was directed to the quoted comment about pumping money into a track and saying that alone will keep it around. That's an entirely untrue statement and I have given (2) examples. Others have also posted their sentiments in the linked thread I provided asking about local 1/4 mile tracks around this country. Some of the other well known tracks have been shuttered, even after being supported.

There's no excusing any type of Street Racing. It's not a movie or TV set if one F's up and puts themselves and the public in danger. There is no reset or rewind button to start over when there is a wreck that results in bodily harm, death or property damage.

Take it to the track, promote your local track(s) and do support them.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Nope - not saying that at all.

My above reply was directed to the quoted comment about pumping money into a track and saying that alone will keep it around. That's an entirely untrue statement and I have given (2) examples. Others have also posted their sentiments in the linked thread I provided asking about local 1/4 mile tracks around this country. Some of the other well known tracks have been shuttered, even after being supported.

There's no excusing any type of Street Racing. It's not a movie or TV set if one F's up and puts themselves and the public in danger. There is no reset or rewind button to start over when there is a wreck that results in bodily harm, death or property damage.

Take it to the track, promote your local track(s) and do support them.
It works around here lol. Both Sonoma and Thunderhill are not only open, thriving but also receiving significant upgrades. Then again, we are on opposite side of the country and the venues I'm referencing are multi use motorsport complexes.

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Can we get back onto the subject of how bad a** that car is.

I just watched a video on Desert 1320 youtube channel and you can see this car in action. One thing i will say, you can see that he needs more rear suspension modifications or his alignment is really effed up because every time the car squatted hard, it was trying to shoot left. Thats a big issue with our cars. You NEED to make the rear end solid with solid bushings to have full control over the car. Any movement that's not positive can cause the car to dart out of control.

I find this very odd that i watched this video yesterday, told myself that the car has something wrong by the way it was all over the track. and i see this thread today.
Sponsored