• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 27

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Exactly which laws are over enforced or taken too seriously?
It was an off the cuff remark and the more I think about it - I was wrong. Almost all laws are under-enforced if anything.

I had speeding in mind, but 99.9% of people speed almost every time they get behind the wheel. I rarely see someone pulled over for speeding. It's definitely not over-enforced.

Where I work we have great video cameras that sometimes catch evidence of a crime. I've been told the Minneapolis police generally won't do anything with that information, being that it's going to be petty theft, fake license plates on stolen cars "minor" stuff like that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
I don’t understand this part. When the cops pull up as you’re trying to load the wreckage on the trailer, you run? Were both vehicles stolen? Not that the guy demonstrated much critical thinking before that point but how do you come to the conclusion that taking off at that point and leaving both of yours is a good option?
He might very well have been wanted on other charges and facing serious time on jail for those or similar situation.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
The police will find who owns the car and the truck and trailer. They will still be charged in addition to a few other charges now like leaving the scene of an accident as public property was damaged.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would like to know how long it took to get the pickup truck to the accident scene and did the driver try to load the Mustang or just try to pull it out of the area ?

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
No idea what I’m taking about? So my eyes were lying to me the last year and a half as I watched law enforcement enforce unconstitutional laws against regular people while standing by watching looting and a lawless autonomous zone being setup in the closest major city to me?
no where did I say the job is easy. But they did sign up for it after all so forgive me if I don’t care if it’s not easy.

I have every right to not appreciate a cop “enforcing the law on the books.” After all, the excuse of just following orders has been used many times throughout history to defend some pretty stupid and at times wicked behavior. I’d like to think they would hold themselves to a higher standard than that.

from the outside it looks like protecting their pension and dental plans weighs heavier than everything else. Perhaps if the police local to me spent a little less time issuing tickets for front plates they could get around to stopping whoever it is that keeps breaking into my work and stealing power equipment and copper pipes. I’m more than capable of fixing that problem myself, but we both know that they would find time in that situation to put the ticket book away to haul me off to jail in a hurry.
While I agree there are a ton of stupid laws, and we probably agree on issues fundamentally; the cops don't make the laws and they are almost always under the direction of a local civilian office (elected officials). Usually the same officials who are bad mouthing the cops are the ones who are in charge of the stupid laws the cops are enforcing and are in charge of the cops.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
All gun laws are unconstitutional and therefore over enforced.
Emissions related laws especially in certain states are over enforced and taken way to seriously.
front plate laws…..
Tinted windows……
There’s likely not enough free space on the forum servers to hold a complete list but those are a couple that came to my mind instantly
Wait .............. You left out the divorce laws in CA. :explode:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Street racing here in the DFW area has become a major issue. Along with stunting. On a weekly basis there is a news report of innocent people being seriously injured or killed by street racers. Dumb asses will do it even during rush hour. I've watched them drive on the emergency shoulders and or use the ramps to pass traffic.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Street racing here in the DFW area has become a major issue. Along with stunting. On a weekly basis there is a news report of innocent people being seriously injured or killed by street racers. Dumb asses will do it even during rush hour. I've watched them drive on the emergency shoulders and or use the ramps to pass traffic.
Man, I don't know how this got so out of control. Talk about a public safety issue. I know that LE is tracking social media for offenders which im cool with. The whole shutting down freeways and other major roadways for sideshow and protestors has gotta stop for their safety and the general public's.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Man, I don't know how this got so out of control. Talk about a public safety issue. I know that LE is tracking social media for offenders which im cool with. The whole shutting down freeways and other major roadways for sideshow and protestors has gotta stop for their safety and the general public's.
Cable TV

People don't get that most of the street racing on TV is faked by a bunch of rich assholes who pretend to be hillbillies, tough guys, or mechanical geniuses. It's all bullshit.

Which then led to people racing on the street thinking that is how it is done. Which then led to a bunch of idiots posting videos of them doing it on the internet.

Wash...rinse...repeat.

Basically, the kids these days don't know what they are doing and it is way too easy to go way too fast.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
No idea what I’m taking about? So my eyes were lying to me the last year and a half as I watched law enforcement enforce unconstitutional laws against regular people while standing by watching looting and a lawless autonomous zone being setup in the closest major city to me?
no where did I say the job is easy. But they did sign up for it after all so forgive me if I don’t care if it’s not easy.

I have every right to not appreciate a cop “enforcing the law on the books.” After all, the excuse of just following orders has been used many times throughout history to defend some pretty stupid and at times wicked behavior. I’d like to think they would hold themselves to a higher standard than that.

from the outside it looks like protecting their pension and dental plans weighs heavier than everything else. Perhaps if the police local to me spent a little less time issuing tickets for front plates they could get around to stopping whoever it is that keeps breaking into my work and stealing power equipment and copper pipes. I’m more than capable of fixing that problem myself, but we both know that they would find time in that situation to put the ticket book away to haul me off to jail in a hurry.
People see and believe what they want depending on their values and perspective regardless of what the actual facts may be. Neither you or I know what direction the cops were given during the protests in your near by city. And yes, as an employee you are expected to follow orders from your supervisors. I assume where you work there are rules your bosses expect you to follow. Regardless, I respect your right to have your opinion.

With regard to protecting their pension and dental plan, who wouldn't? Cops aren't the only profession with a pension, I assume most would want to protect it. I'm sure your aware cops don't collect Social Security (or if they do its a small fraction of what others would get) like the rest of the population due to a little federal law called the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP). So even though I have enough credits to collect social security I will maybe get $200.00 dollars a month due to WEP. So yes, pensions are important to cops and many other professions.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Worse, back when I was in law enforcement it was at will. No civil service. No union. Small rural TX county. Advancement was more on if the sheriff or under sheriff liked you. I was one of the fortunate few having had a deuce in Nam. The sheriff was a Korea hand.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
While I agree there are a ton of stupid laws, and we probably agree on issues fundamentally; the cops don't make the laws and they are almost always under the direction of a local civilian office (elected officials). Usually the same officials who are bad mouthing the cops are the ones who are in charge of the stupid laws the cops are enforcing and are in charge of the cops.
I agree, the officials bad mouthing cops are a major problem. I understand cops don’t make law but that doesn’t excuse them when their enforcement violates the constitution or give them a free pass to ignore any ethical concerns that arise during enforcement.

People see and believe what they want depending on their values and perspective regardless of what the actual facts may be. Neither you or I know what direction the cops were given during the protests in your near by city. And yes, as an employee you are expected to follow orders from your supervisors. I assume where you work there are rules your bosses expect you to follow. Regardless, I respect your right to have your opinion.

With regard to protecting their pension and dental plan, who wouldn't? Cops aren't the only profession with a pension, I assume most would want to protect it. I'm sure your aware cops don't collect Social Security (or if they do its a small fraction of what others would get) like the rest of the population due to a little federal law called the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP). So even though I have enough credits to collect social security I will maybe get $200.00 dollars a month due to WEP. So yes, pensions are important to cops and many other professions.
I do know what direction the cops here were given because they publicly said as much. They sided with the communist leaders of the city because that’s who cuts their checks, even though they were doing a disservice to the community as a whole.
I work on the quality side for an aerospace manufacturer. If my bosses come to me and ask me to overlook something I have a moral obligation to fight back even if i pay a personal price in doing so. Or should I put my 401k ahead of aviation safety?
let’s say I’m aware of an issue that I’m asked to ignore. Later on an accident leads to the deaths of civilian air travelers. Would you back me if I said I was just following orders and was worried about my retirement? After all, I’m worried social security won’t even be around by the time I’m old enough to receive it so my retirement is very important to me. Now answer that question imagining someone you know on that aircraft that had a safety issue that was overlooked. Just following orders starts to sound a little less impressive doesn’t it………….

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I agree, the officials bad mouthing cops are a major problem. I understand cops don’t make law but that doesn’t excuse them when their enforcement violates the constitution or give them a free pass to ignore any ethical concerns that arise during enforcement.

I do know what direction the cops here were given because they publicly said as much. They sided with the communist leaders of the city because that’s who cuts their checks, even though they were doing a disservice to the community as a whole.
I work on the quality side for an aerospace manufacturer. If my bosses come to me and ask me to overlook something I have a moral obligation to fight back even if i pay a personal price in doing so. Or should I put my 401k ahead of aviation safety?
let’s say I’m aware of an issue that I’m asked to ignore. Later on an accident leads to the deaths of civilian air travelers. Would you back me if I said I was just following orders and was worried about my retirement? After all, I’m worried social security won’t even be around by the time I’m old enough to receive it so my retirement is very important to me. Now answer that question imagining someone you know on that aircraft that had a safety issue that was overlooked. Just following orders starts to sound a little less impressive doesn’t it………….
We can wooda, shoulda, coulda all day long to fit our own personal narrative. Here's my last comment, you can counter and have the last word. Your comments are based predominately on what you've seen I'm assuming from afar, read in the newspaper or seen on television. We all know the media gets it right all the time and tells the entire story in their 30 second sound bites. Your on the outside looking in forming an opinion and my opinions aren't opinions they are facts based on being on the inside looking out. Don't get me wrong the cops do plenty to bring on the negativity all by themselves, but I guarantee they get it right far more times than wrong. I sincerely hope you never find yourself in a situation when you need a cop, but if you do, given your perspective, maybe you should call a social worker and they can give you a hug.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
We can wooda, shoulda, coulda all day long to fit our own personal narrative. Here's my last comment, you can counter and have the last word.
is that your way of saying you don't want to address the question?

Your comments are based predominately on what you've seen I'm assuming from afar, read in the newspaper or seen on television. We all know the media gets it right all the time and tells the entire story in their 30 second sound bites.
the media is worthless at best. evil is probably a better description. i don't count on the media for information. i take people people at their word and i use my eyes to inform me of whats going on. i listened to the police in seattle describe what was happening and why they were acting the way they were. i also ventured down to see the carnage myself, multiple times. are you saying that when the local police offer up explanations for why they enforce certain laws and ignore others, i shouldn't trust what they say?

Your on the outside looking in forming an opinion and my opinions aren't opinions they are facts based on being on the inside looking out.
i'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make. because you were a cop, your opinions (facts, as you put it) cannot be questioned and mine are somehow less valid because i was never a cop? being on the inside has nothing to do with what we are talking about. my point is that cops in general enforce chickenshit laws on citizens that generate revenue for their political masters while ignoring much bigger issues of criminality because the criminals are a favored group of the political class. this is not an opinion when it can be witnessed with our own eyes AND the police say as much when asked lol. they do this because their loyalty is to their own financial security and not the fancy slogan on the side of the car that says "to protect and serve." to this point you have not put forth one opinion, or fact as you call it, to challenge this. i would say the opposite is actually true. your only defense seems to be that retirement plans are important and well, orders are orders. if that citizen needs to pick up that can, better get to picking up that can. meanwhile, walgreens is being looted and tax payers are being assaulted trying to get home from work? sorry, little suzy needs braces and i'm just here to follow orders. 🙄

this guy was just following orders i assume. at the end of the day he had a pension to worry about right?

1475F4EB-59CC-4FE9-AD12-D2173B676134.jpeg

Don't get me wrong the cops do plenty to bring on the negativity all by themselves, but I guarantee they get it right far more times than wrong.
they are 100% responsible for the negativity they bring on. have you not been paying attention the last 18 months? i and countless others in this country feel nauseous every single time we see our businesses and freedoms destroyed by individuals in uniform who then take a knee (literally at times! :puke: ) with those that violate the law but happen to be on the right team. how is it so difficult to see that people like me are the very type that previously supported the police?! it is very difficult to do that when my radar detector is going off and in the distance i can see the smoke from businesses on fire while knowing those responsible face no consequences. i guess the next time i feel like going 10 over on the freeway i should just scream justice and burn down the mcdonalds instead?

I sincerely hope you never find yourself in a situation when you need a cop, but if you do, given your perspective, maybe you should call a social worker and they can give you a hug.
i'm not being sarcastic when i say thank you. i pray for this as well.
but i don't call the police. the responsibility to defend my family and everything i've worked hard for is my responsibility alone. i'm not sure what your comment regarding the social worker means other than i wonder if you think i'm one of these commies that screams defund the police and criminal lives matter. if thats the case, you couldnt be more wrong. there are a ton of criminals out there and i'd have a lot more respect for cops and their pension plans if you shot all of them, while leaving the rest of us alone.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
All gun laws are unconstitutional and therefore over enforced.
Emissions related laws especially in certain states are over enforced and taken way to seriously.
front plate laws…..
Tinted windows……
There’s likely not enough free space on the forum servers to hold a complete list but those are a couple that came to my mind instantly
But none have anything to do with idiots racing/severely speeding on public roads. I consider most speed limits a guideline...5-7 over so not a granny, but there’s some stupid crap out there. And sometimes, not just from ’kids’.
Sponsored