• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 27

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I agree but i believe the drag strips are closing because the areas that were once secluded are now becoming the new areas for expansions. Or simply because the track was not ran properly. I've never been to a track that didn't have a sufficient amount of cars. I'm talking like i've been all over the country but i've only been to mainly the big tracks on the east coast and some in the mid west.

I believe a lot of the reason the guys are taking their activities to the street is the fact that cars are so fast compared to when the nhra rules were established. I mean, technically a bone stock tesla can not even run legally on a nhra/ihra certified track.

Maybe when you don't need to have a full cage and 1k in fire protection to run your bolt on mustang with drag wheels, people would be more likely to race at the track.
What is the technicality with the Tesla? Not trying to argue. I am not familiar with NHRA regulations.
Sponsored

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
What is the technicality with the Tesla? Not trying to argue. I am not familiar with NHRA regulations.
Any vehicle 2010 and newer that runs faster then a 9.99 is required to have a roll cage and many other safety items along with a nhra license.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any vehicle 2010 and newer that runs faster then a 9.99 is required to have a roll cage and many other safety items along with a nhra license.
Correct. At most tracks, if your first pass meets or is below that threshold, they will usually ask you to leave and you can't run at that track again until all safety measures/devices are in place.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Congrats to the city of New York for eliminating all of the violent crime and being able to focus on things like this. 🙄
Low hanging fruit. Someone's probably up for re-election.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Low hanging fruit. Someone's probably up for re-election.
Is this guy running in today’s election or is planning on a state level job now that he’s demonstrated how well he can run a city?

FCE165F0-BC06-45DB-B656-ACC78002D426.jpeg

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
How the fuck is it that the s550 Mustangs start showing up at the junkyard right as I finish finding all the fucking things I was looking for?

Fortunate that they just impounded it, San Diego was the first to crush the cars, and best yet, forced you to watch it. We had 1/8th mile drag racing at Qualcomm Stadium on Friday nights which was pretty sweet, with plenty of car clubs, and cheap $5 watch $20 race fun that actually cut down on it for a while. That is, until the fucking SDPD used that as an opportunity to further increase their revenue by handing out tickets for illegal this and thats. Even if they had a track in San Diego county (other than Barona), you're still going to have some stupid kids in shitty cars racing from a roll because they're too cheap or scared to line up with real cars.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I'll give you that on the wide open highways, but many areas are far too congested, and common sense often seems to be lacking.

What's been done to improve the drivers? I see people every day who don't seem to realize they'll never be able to stop the vehicle they're driving, should something go wrong in front of them.
We have a whole industry and fed government dept. (highway safety dept) that tells drivers, just how much of a safety bubble they are in 5 stars, 15 air bags, safety cage, blah, blah, blah.
Maybe if people feared being in a wreck , they might use their gray matter more while driving.
When an industry makes people think they can End up in a Rusty Wallace cartwheel roll wreck and walk away from it in their honda accord. you get people willing to take risk .
When wrecks used to hurt, really hurt and Family would hear of someone that had a crash and was hurt. people feared getting in a crash and most drove respecting that fear.
Not now.
Fact it cell phones are a much higher risk that street racing ever was or ever will be.
Yet, nothing will ever be done to stop it. And it be easy to do. We have the technology to lock a phones screen, use if it see in the camera what looks like a dash, pedals, and steering wheel and gps speed ,stopping texting, looking at phone, talking on the phone while holding it. ASAP.
This should have happened years ago. This causes more deaths, injuries in one year than street racing has done since the start of it till now.
But why force that type of thing using technology, when we can make money writing tickets for texting, or phone calls while holding the cell phone.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
How the fuck is it that the s550 Mustangs start showing up at the junkyard right as I finish finding all the fucking things I was looking for?

Fortunate that they just impounded it, San Diego was the first to crush the cars, and best yet, forced you to watch it. We had 1/8th mile drag racing at Qualcomm Stadium on Friday nights which was pretty sweet, with plenty of car clubs, and cheap $5 watch $20 race fun that actually cut down on it for a while. That is, until the fucking SDPD used that as an opportunity to further increase their revenue by handing out tickets for illegal this and thats. Even if they had a track in San Diego county (other than Barona), you're still going to have some stupid kids in shitty cars racing from a roll because they're too cheap or scared to line up with real cars.
Yup, A track I went to, the local popo would wait outside a test and tune night, and write tickets for anything and everything. slicks, ticket, lack of tread on street tires because you burned them off in the burn out box, before lining up. loud exhaust, etc.
So, these people don't go anymore. They hit the 2am roll call.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Can't compete with free.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, A track I went to, the local popo would wait outside a test and tune night, and write tickets for anything and everything. slicks, ticket, lack of tread on street tires because you burned them off in the burn out box, before lining up. loud exhaust, etc.
So, these people don't go anymore. They hit the 2am roll call.
That's messed up. If they actually cared, they would issues warnings and say "fix it or ticket."
Sponsored