Sponsored

Strange vibration through cab 1500 rpm in Neutral

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I had my clutch, flywheel , tranny replaced about five months ago or 5000 miles. I have this weird vibration that can be seen/felt through car in neutral ( manual) when I slowly rev the car up to 1500 rpms. There is no vibrations before that or after that it smooth's out. When I push the clutch pedal in during the same test, the pedal comes alive at that same rpm and goes away the higher I take the rpms. I took it to the dealer and get this, the " tranny tech" older guy who made the point to tell me he has been doing this for a long time which was 7 years..( not my definition of a long time) told me that was just the harmonics of the cams " to get us the horsepower we want". I just had the car in for a week for this dreaded ticking shit and I am thinking of taking it to a different dealer for this matter. Something's out of balance and I don't want it causing damage. I am leaning towards flywheel or pressure plate. Car shifts ok besides a couple higher rpm lockouts. Fifth gear is finicky a bit ( takes it's sweet time to drop in). I had to pay for the clutch and flywheel.
Sponsored

mogo91617

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Xuan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Edition
Hi, not sure if you still have the rpm related vibration. But try mess around with the xhaust bracket that closes to your transmission. Couple guys saying that bracket is peace of crap, try loose or tight it, they have this issue resolved by doing that.