Owens59

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tex
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG 6
Hi all, first post here,

In recent days my clutch pedal makes a strange noise (several "clicks") when I press it.

It appeared suddenly and now it does it almost every time... and it's VERY annoying.

Note that since July my pedal sometimes does not go up completely, especially after staying long pressed on it.
I do not know if there is a link between the two problems ...

Mustang 2017 with 25K miles.

Here my video to download to listen that noise (personal video) : https://www.transfernow.net/ddl/embrayage

Thank you all !
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Did you do anything like remove or change the spring, and is that recently? It should return naturally even without the spring. That noise only happens at the bottom of depressing the clutch. Have you tried getting underneath there with your head and a flashlight and looking at the mechanism? You should be able to depress it with your left hand while watching the whole thing. Keep an eye on the spring and mechanism just when you'd hear that sound and see if something looks funny I guess?

If it's related....only thing I can think of is that the spring somehow isn't aligned properly in the perch, and maybe that clicking noise is the spring not sitting properly which may cause the pedal to stick somehow? I mean if you know what you're doing, it's easy to just pop that whole thing out, and then depress the clutch to see if the noise persists.