Sponsored

Straightpiping a v6 3.7 with Xpipe.Would it be too much?

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Would this be too loud? What is closest exhaust and setup be it xpipe etc to come close to straightpipe sound while still being legal because an actual muffler is on.

would this be flowmaster outlaw and xpipe?

what comes close to a straightpipe sound while still having a muffler for legality is what im trying to ask here.

Thanks!
Sponsored

5-0 in a 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium M6
Would this be too loud? What is closest exhaust and setup be it xpipe etc to come close to straightpipe sound while still being legal because an actual muffler is on.

what comes close to a straightpipe sound while still having a muffler for legality is what im trying to ask here.

Thanks!
I had a 2016 3.7 with Flowmaster outlaw axle backs and a x pipe. It was loud and raspy. I later added bbk shorty headers and it was a little deeper but still raspy and loud. If you want the closest thing to straight pipe then the Flowmaster ab and x pipe will do it. If that ends up being to loud you can always put the stock resonator back on it will still be loud but not crazy loud, or you can try to find a resonated x pipe.

5-0 in a 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium M6

Thanks!
I had a 2016 3.7 with Flowmaster outlaw axle backs and a x pipe. It was loud and raspy. I later added bbk shorty headers and it was a little deeper but still raspy and loud. If you want the closest thing to straight pipe then the Flowmaster ab and x pipe will do it. If that ends up being to loud you can always put the stock resonator back on it will still be loud but not crazy loud, or you can try to find a resonated x pipe.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Simple answer. Yes it's to much.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
When you say closest to straightpipe you said Flowmaster axel back and x pipe. Which flowmaster the outlaw?

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Make it sound good man. It is possible with a cat back. Nobody likes a obnoxious straight piped sounding V6.

No offense..

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
If you delete the cats run Dynomax Turbo Mufflers to make the car not sound like a raspy mess and be sure you run a good tune. Straight pipe V6 anything just sound bad by nature though it is preventable if well executed.

MustangDominance

Professional Fast guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Mustang
I took it upon myself to be the guinea pig for this. Wanna know what the v6 exhaust sounds like at every step of muffling? Wanna hear the unbiased shop made sound results? Oh boy do I have the videos that will make your ears bleed.

This is basically a straight pipe. All that's left are the catalytic converters. It sounds awful.

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
On these cars you have to muffle them to an extent to get a good tone. I have High flows and Mbrp resonators and the sound is very nice. Before that it was just the High flows and it was so bad I felt embarrassed to drive the car.
Sponsored