Stow N Sho Bracket Mounting 2021 GT Premium

55Tele

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Made my decision…had to get some way to get a front plate mounted. Craigs mount was tempting, but was worried about the glue and I also didn’t like the black bumper grommet rubbing on the bumper cover itself.

Now the fun begins….the front screw on the mounting plate goes into the chin (and / or bumper cover) , so relatively no worries…I think that one even goes into a threaded speed clip. However, the rear / back screw is just a self tapping 6.3mm / 1/4” screw that augers into the splash pan.

Has anyone had any problem with that screw holding? I’m thinking plan B is to either 1) drop the splash pan and just bolt the sucker in with a washer on the inside or 2) put a jacking bolt (sort of like a wall anchor) in…or maybe a threaded rivet nut…..

Am I worrying unnecessarily? Should I just drill the 1/8”….draw the self tapper snug and call it a day?

Any experienced Stow N Sho installers out there? The 2021 mount for the non PP GT has only the 2 screws / mounting points and they are front to back…..Iooked at other mounts on their site….some are 2 point side to side, some are 3 point, some are even 4 point…..As per usual with Ford….nothing super substantial to bolt into….unlike the Corvette Stow N Sho mounts……

Such is life…..the car sure attracts attention….already got a damn parking ticket for parking the wrong direction on a Cul de Sac!

Thanks
Sponsored

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I am currently running the show n show on my 2021. I haven’t had any issues with the self tapping screw as of yet. It has been installed and removed a couple of times already. Once when I installed it and then when I had my Roush Supercharger installed. So far no issues.

OP
OP
55Tele

55Tele

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I am currently running the show n show on my 2021. I haven’t had any issues with the self tapping screw as of yet. It has been installed and removed a couple of times already. Once when I installed it and then when I had my Roush Supercharger installed. So far no issues.
Did u just snug that bolt up flush or did you do the recommended 1/2 turn after snug…I think that may be asking for trouble…?

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
Did u just snug that bolt up flush or did you do the recommended 1/2 turn after snug…I think that may be asking for trouble…?
I just snugged it up flush. Didn’t want to push it.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Am I worrying unnecessarily?
Yes.

Your concerns about Craig's bracket are also unwarranted, but the Sto-N-Sho is a fine option if you don't mind drilling.

I've had both, and I will take Craig's any day of the week.