Sponsored

Story and reasoning behind the "S550" tag?

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
that's what my understanding is. 99-04 is deemed the "new edge"
I liked the "new edge" when it came out then kind of got sick of it and now looking back I think it's really aged well. It has it's problems (high wheel wells, too high stance, black side mirrors and door handles (should be body color), ugly base model/wheels (2015 is the first Mustang since the generation 1 to eliminate the issue of the lame looking base model imo)....But when done properly and lowered to an adequate level they are really good looking cars. Especially the back and taillights. I still see some clean new edge GTs running around with tasteful lowering and tint and exaust that look and sound mean.

I defintely see some new edge in the headlights of the 2015, which is why its funny that all the "looks asian" haters came out of the woodwork, when the new edge had that look 15 years ago!

OP
OP

Raiderjoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Here's my '04 GT, 99-01 Cobra front bumper, Terminator Rear bumer (shaved) and Terminator wing (key hole shaved)

[ame]

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Yes, precisely. Some people refer the '99-'04 refresh as "New Edge" as if it were a separate generation, but it is the same program number. By the way, the platform for the SN-95 Mustangs is called the FOX-4, which was indicative of the Fox platform revised for 1994.

I personally have not heard of a program name, but one might be out there.
Yes it is my understanding that the basis of the SN95 was still on the Fox body platform from minor changes in 94-98 version and more minor changes in 99-04, is that correct? That in 2005 it was the first MAJOR redesign chassis-up since the dawn of the Fox era.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Here's my '04 GT, 99-01 Cobra front bumper, Terminator Rear bumer (shaved) and Terminator wing (key hole shaved)

Looks pretty tight, thanks for sharing. I normally don't go for the black wheels, but with the black car, and where you painted the rivets red it has a nice custom look. Good call on filling in the cobra lettering, I hate it when people put Cobra parts that have any badging or names on their GT or lower model. Good move there.

Love the placing the phone camera sideways at the end, too much. Exhaust sounds NASTY.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Raiderjoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Yes it is my understanding that the basis of the SN95 was still on the Fox body platform from minor changes in 94-98 version and more minor changes in 99-04, is that correct? That in 2005 it was the first MAJOR redesign chassis-up since the dawn of the Fox era.
yep, fox body chassis parts work for pretty much all '79-'04 models.

OP
OP

Raiderjoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Looks pretty tight, thanks for sharing. I normally don't go for the black wheels, but with the black car, and where you painted the rivets red it has a nice custom look. Good call on filling in the cobra lettering, I hate it when people put Cobra parts that have any badging or names on their GT or lower model. Good move there.

Love the placing the phone camera sideways at the end, too much. Exhaust sounds NASTY.

thanks my man, now that it looks good, it's time to make it go fast! The '04 is gonna be my "fast car" I'll DD the '15

OP
OP

Raiderjoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Excellent. What are the mods planned for the 04. Also what did you order for your 2015?
I want to do a 5.4 swap with a little boost on top of that. And I haven't ordered my '15 yet, I'm still weighing the options of the premium and/or performance packs. Plus waiting on the specs as well.
Sponsored