Sponsored

Storing and leaving jacked up in the air

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I am leaving my car for 5 months. I generally jack up my older cars under the suspension so that the tires are off the ground. I have the Steeda jacking rails that I planned on using but then I got to thinking I would rather have it up on the suspension points so that the suspension isn't hanging all summer. I see a good spot to do the rear but the front lower control arms don't look possible to use. I have decided to jack the rear up on the lower control arms under the coil springs and use the jacking rails on the front. Am I missing a good spot on the front that would put the weight on the suspension?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
There is absolutely no reason to jack your car up, your tires will be fine.

You're wasting your time completely. Cars routinely sit for months on lots waiting to be sold. Outside. Ever see any issues from that?

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
There is absolutely no reason to jack your car up, your tires will be fine.

You're wasting your time completely. Cars routinely sit for months on lots waiting to be sold. Outside. Ever see any issues from that?
I have personally had issues with cars that sat for months. Since I have experienced the issue, I will continue to jack them up when I leave. Thank you for your opinion.