Sponsored

Storage solution on side of center console/shifter area?

Seven

HPDE for me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 Platinum Diesel FX4 / '16 Audi S3 Viper Green APR Stage 3+ / '19 GT350R / 17 Camaro SS 1LE 575whp all motor (sold) / '15 C7Z 650whp (sold)
Looking for something to store a phone (while hooked up to usb) and a couple small things like my wallet and work badge etc in my GT350R

When I had a previous car I just got a little velcro cargo next that was about 8x5 and velcro'd it to the carpet on the side of the foot well kinda near/below the shifter area. However on this car in that area is a plastic panel (and the carpet doesn't really work with velcro anyway)...

Are there any plastic bins I could hang on that panel or any solutions you folks have found in that area?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

Len

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost Premium

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have a large phone, and a wallet about the same size, and both fit perfectly inside the center console. I also have the music USB (miniature USB stick) there, along with a 12V-to-USB adapter to charge my phone, and I still have room to spare, for a snack or something. The glove compartment is reasonable, and I have several things there. And remember the door pockets go deep into the doors. I have a small gun there, an umbrella, another black rag to make it invisible, and a water bottle. You also have space behind the seats, since nobody can fit back there anyway. I put the sun shield behind the passenger seat, but that's it. So this car is not lacking in storage space, at least compared to others. You also have the little tray under the toggle switches, but I like that area clean, so nothing connected there (USB port is covered with a black rubber plug).

OP
OP
Seven

Seven

HPDE for me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 Platinum Diesel FX4 / '16 Audi S3 Viper Green APR Stage 3+ / '19 GT350R / 17 Camaro SS 1LE 575whp all motor (sold) / '15 C7Z 650whp (sold)
https://addtobucket.com/products/weather-2020-upgrade-cup-holder-cell-phone-mount

I use something like this. Sits in the cup holder closest to the center console armrest, which is where I have the charge cable routed. It connects to the usb inside the console. Clean look. My 2019 EB is an auto, MT owners may have something to say about if it gets in the way when shifting.
Yeah it's a 350R so manual only... Also I like to have coffee and so does the wife so we want to use the cupholders

I have a large phone, and a wallet about the same size, and both fit perfectly inside the center console. I also have the music USB (miniature USB stick) there, along with a 12V-to-USB adapter to charge my phone, and I still have room to spare, for a snack or something. The glove compartment is reasonable, and I have several things there. And remember the door pockets go deep into the doors. I have a small gun there, an umbrella, another black rag to make it invisible, and a water bottle. You also have space behind the seats, since nobody can fit back there anyway. I put the sun shield behind the passenger seat, but that's it. So this car is not lacking in storage space, at least compared to others. You also have the little tray under the toggle switches, but I like that area clean, so nothing connected there (USB port is covered with a black rubber plug).
Doesn't really help me. I want quick access to my parking pass, my phone, etc - and having to reach backward into the console doesn't make it easy/quick.
Storage in the door pocket is nice but with the USB plugged in to android auto -then I'm left with a cable running under the wheel or over it... not a good/safe thing.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You make driving too complicated, brother. Sounds like you need a minivan. Ha ha. Seriously, you might benefit from a cell-phone older, and using the little tray under the toggles. All my previous sports cars were worse than the Mustang, so something gotta give man. Learn to live with it, or get a large sporty car/SUV/truck with the space you want. Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Seven

Seven

HPDE for me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You make driving too complicated, brother. Sounds like you need a minivan. Ha ha. Seriously, you might benefit from a cell-phone older, and using the little tray under the toggles. All my previous sports cars were worse than the Mustang, so something gotta give man. Learn to live with it, or get a large sporty car/SUV/truck with the space you want. Good luck.
Honestly I wanted to buy a proclip mount, but the way it attaches could ruin the CF dash (and it blocks the oil gauge), otherwise I'd have just gone that route. I like driving this thing better than my F150, I just want a wee bit of storage in arms reach...

I googled a bit and I'd like something like this below but maybe made of plastic and only 1 pocket... could be wider instead of deep too, but I might buy this if I can't find anything...

Len

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't really help me. I want quick access to my parking pass, my phone, etc - and having to reach backward into the console doesn't make it easy/quick.
Storage in the door pocket is nice but with the USB plugged in to android auto -then I'm left with a cable running under the wheel or over it... not a good/safe thing.
I also added a small plastic piece that fits inside the grab handle on the doors, essentially turning them into phone holders. Very unobtrusive, can’t tell they are there. Got them at CJ Pony Parts. Easily hold a phone or a wallet.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Len

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I understand the need for some small storage that's quick to hand.
I think getting something to mount where you want it to may be difficult though. Those plastic panels don't let adhesive adhere well at all. Since I didn't want to screw anything into the plastic side panel I went with one of the things that fit between the seat and center console. I only used one and it's on the passenger side. It's big enough to hold quite a bit, not too obtrusive and doesn't bother the wife.
Screenshot_20201022-100532_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've got the door handle pockets as well but I don't think they will work as well for what you want. Charging a phone there would be difficult.
You might be able to adapt one of the visor storage things but, again, mounting it may be difficult.
Sponsored