Stop the hop kit what’s the difference.

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
Hi there. I have a 2021 Gt pp1 I have decided I am going to do a little bit of stuff to it. I have decided from my reading that I want the stop the hop kit from steeda. However I have no idea which one to pick from the starter up to the ultimate. This is my daily driver and I don’t plan on doing track stuff at least atm. I do drive it pretty sporty I live in S+ mode. I have tried to look to see if I could something on it but I can’t simply don’t know enough about this stuff. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I recommend buying whichever kit your budget allows for. I have all of Steeda’s rear suspension components (minus springs), plus BMR’s Camber Lockout Kit on my Bullitt and I’m very happy with them.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
FWIW, I started out with the Enthusiast Kit and continued collecting the remainder of their other components until I had everything except the Adj. Camber Arms and Adj. Toe Links. I recently added the Camber Arms and Toe Links about 3-4 months ago.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
+1 for the above advice. I bought the Starter Kit, at first, and then added the vertical links and the Differential Bushings. I also have the Adjustable Rear Toe Links, ready to go in the car. I'm holding off on those until I find a decent alignment shop.

I found that the Starter Kit made a huge difference in the car, and everything else is incremental, though the Diff Bushing kit was also a major step up.

JR

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hi there. I have a 2021 Gt pp1 I have decided I am going to do a little bit of stuff to it. I have decided from my reading that I want the stop the hop kit from steeda. However I have no idea which one to pick from the starter up to the ultimate. This is my daily driver and I don’t plan on doing track stuff at least atm. I do drive it pretty sporty I live in S+ mode. I have tried to look to see if I could something on it but I can’t simply don’t know enough about this stuff. Thanks in advance.
It really comes down to what you're using the car for. The starter Stop the Hop kit is really a good starting point, especially paired with a set of lowering springs. Drag racing wise or launching street/strip the Steeda braces with a set of Viking shocks responds really well.

The BMR suspensions packages do really well too. Suspension really comes down to what you're doing with the car and how far you want to get into it. Some do just the IRS braces, springs and shocks with out going further and are happy. Some go with full BMR/ Steeda setups to get the ride/ launch dialed in.

Hit me up and we can go over your goals and get you something dialed in!

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
www.beefcakeracing.com
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Srgkuja, I forgot to mention that I drove from Kansas City to Florida with all the Steeda mods in place, except for the aforementioned camber arms, toe links and BMR lockout kit and the ride was super comfortable.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Great choice on the STH Kit. You can build off of that, should you feel the need to. Maybe consider their Differential Bushing Kit (with through bolt kit). I’m running the black bushings and they didn’t have any negative impact on the 1300 mile drive that I did with them installed.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Okay after doing some more research I found a page from steeda that explained the difference and which one to pick I am thinking about going with https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4...fBabzcG2j2Ea7XyBuml_j_4WZVtjGwdcaAt8mEALw_wcB I am also dumb and forgot to mention I am also adding the https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-comfort-suspension-package-15-17-555-2422 and from further investigation should pair pretty well together. Thoughts?
Yes, they will pair very well together ... we engineer & design our parts to work in harmony with each other - ensuring that the testing & design will yield great results. You will be very happy with that combination & other said - if & when you add more power, for example, you can always upgrade the kit from there. Often, the starter kit is the first & last customers do for the IRS ... since its that good.

Shoot me an email to tim @ steeda.com if I can help assist.

TJ

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm only using the STEEDA IRS alignment & bushing support kit, & UPR pro-series vertical links and it completely eliminated wheel hop with my radial tire MT82 car.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Forget the kits.

Steeda alignment dowels
Whiteline IRS bushing inserts
Moog K100411
Steeda IRS brace or BMR cb762
rear diff hardware kit (steeda, bmr, etc) you want the collars more than anything
Steeda shifter support bracket

do NOT use anybody's rear diff bushing insert system unless it's Whiteline's, or you want howling gear NOISE.

The above is very inexpensive, deals with most of the problem and has only very minor noise profile. After you drive the new setup for a while and you just have to spend money, then you deal with the LCR bearing, rear camber links (4 choices), and the vertical links.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
Thank you for all the reply’s

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I have a base '21 also, and track the car. The chassis really needs help, at least to me. You should already have the 3 piece upper strut tower brace in the front, I think PP1's have those. I put that on my car & added the steeda g-track underneath. This really helped turn in, steering response and corner feel. The IRS felt "floaty" around corners and on hard acceleration, could not get a consistent feel for when it was going to break loose in a hard corner. I did the steeda rear subframe bushings, braces, and UPR bushing inserts. Rear is as tight as the front now and I have more confidence going hard into a corner. With these cars I think chassis mods are the best bang for the buck as far as handling goes, tires next.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
I have a base '21 also, and track the car. The chassis really needs help, at least to me. You should already have the 3 piece upper strut tower brace in the front, I think PP1's have those. I put that on my car & added the steeda g-track underneath. This really helped turn in, steering response and corner feel. The IRS felt "floaty" around corners and on hard acceleration, could not get a consistent feel for when it was going to break loose in a hard corner. I did the steeda rear subframe bushings, braces, and UPR bushing inserts. Rear is as tight as the front now and I have more confidence going hard into a corner. With these cars I think chassis mods are the best bang for the buck as far as handling goes, tires next.
For sure I’m riding these pirellis for now but I’m thinking next summer I’m gonna switch to michelin.
Sponsored