OP
OP
Slow89

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Heck and Ecoboost 4 cyl is and Ecoboost 4 cyl. I welcome you open arms. Heck most of my friends have GTs

The turbosmart actuator has different options as far as springs. You can get it with a 7 psi spring, and I believe a 10 psi spring. If you want to make it a stiff one for high boost applications, you get the one with a 7 psi spring, and you can buy from them another 7 psi spring. Those two together are an inner and an outer, just like a dual valve spring on an engine.
On my own car the tuner " Lund " got to the point where he needed a stiffer spring in the actuator to help him control the boost up high, basically when he really started upping the boost. I think you preloading the actuator was a great idea, but im sure you get to the point that the turbosmart will work better. Less Boost creep and more control at high boost.
So really anyone can buy a Turbosmart actuator from your favorite vendor, but you have to take it apart and add the second 7 psi spring to make it a 14 psi actuator. I bought mine directly from UPR, they can get you what you need as well.
So at what level did you need two 7 pounds springs?
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
So at what level did you need two 7 pounds springs?
I cant remember my exact timeline on all ive done and changed. I do remember using the stock actuator at 22 - 23 psi of boost. I also do remember running very very low 12s with the stock actuator as well. I would ask your tuner to tell you when your ready and need it.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I have one and it def helped with daily driveability, part throttle boost surging. It will not substitute for a box of tissues so look elsewhere for that.

OP
OP
Slow89

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because I don't want to start a new thread and also there was a slight mix up and I didn't get the wga yet so I'm still in the market for one. I do have a couple questions. I know you can't tell me what pound spring u use. But at what boost level will your spring stop holding boost up top. Also I live in California so have to run 91 pump how will your spring set up react to lower boost levels. My other concern is I'm tuned by Jon at Lund so not sure how I could get him the details of the spring to him. Or is your wga a Adam tuned only product?
Why do I need to sell you on it? If you go to my thread for when I release the actuator Turbosmart made for me you will see the positive reviews, you can also see all the positive reviews in here.

I wouldn't have a different version if I thought the off the shelf unit was adequate. So I didn't change my opinion like you boldly claim, I simply took the unit that wasn't performing and did testing and made it better. If my testing resulted in poor performance and no actual benefit I wouldn't of had catered ones made.

You will also notice that my actuator REQUIRES a tune, regardless of tuner it needs to be tuned, and if it isn't tuned properly you aren't going to experience the benefits that all the non-biased customers have raved about. Off the shelf units don't require a tune because they aren't greatly changing the dynamics of how the turbo performs.

Also, I gave you an answer. When they first came out nobody knew how to tune for them or knew the changes needed to take full advantage of it. Usually people thank me for testing out a product and improving upon it. :shrug:

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Because I don't want to start a new thread and also there was a slight mix up and I didn't get the wga yet so I'm still in the market for one. I do have a couple questions. I know you can't tell me what pound spring u use. But at what boost level will your spring stop holding boost up top. Also I live in California so have to run 91 pump how will your spring set up react to lower boost levels. My other concern is I'm tuned by Jon at Lund so not sure how I could get him the details of the spring to him. Or is your wga a Adam tuned only product?
I'm sorry, because of the continuous negative comments you have made towards me and my company I am not willing to sell you one of my actuators.

Sponsored

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm sorry, because of the continuous negative comments you have made towards me and my company I am not willing to sell you one of my actuators.
Looks like no gapped plugs for that guy!

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
OP
OP
Slow89

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've made no comments regarding your company. I've made comments regarding the type of person you are. And clearly it's ugly head is showing itself again. I called you out on RGA against meth and race gas which u originally said u didn't see the need for. Now you're selling a meth kit and don't endorse RGA anymore. Then you originally said you didn't see any need for a wga before even testing one out. Now you sell one. Also you stated our cars need some back pressure (regarding a cutout) which I did call u out on. Because well any reputable vendor would know our cars DONT need back pressure. You also stated are stock turbos would do absolutely nothing with nitrous which again I didn't agree with and clearly nitrous WILL help our cars out. So again your company I have no problem with because you do have some happy customers. But post like this is exactly why you do need to work on your people skills. Especially if you want a company to last. Then again I've seen a ton of owners like you end up failing which solely came down to one thing and ONE thing only. Customer service.

OP
OP
Slow89

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like no gapped plugs for that guy!
After talking to a few big vendors on here they all told me the Denso plugs were crap and not to run them. Went with brisk :)

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Adam's awesome, just let it go. :-)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Slow89

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adam's awesome, just let it go. :-)
Let what I go? I actually asked a question regarding purchasing one of his items. This is something clearly Adam needs to let go. Any mature and reputable owner should never mix personal feelings and business. Truly rule number 2 right after providing exactly customer service. There's a reason Adam rubs ALOT of people on here the wrong way. Tried to give him a chance to maybe show you can grow as an owner and instead he takes 2 steps back.

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
After talking to a few big vendors on here they all told me the Denso plugs were crap and not to run them. Went with brisk :)
Was that brisk tea with or without lemon?

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Just call Steve at UPR, get the Turbosmart from him. He will explain it all to you, you will have to take it apart and put the ( 2 ) 7 psi springs in it, the inner and the outer. Lund knows exactly what to to with the wastegate with that set up. He will be able to set your boost for pump gas or race gas with the actuator you get from UPR with the 2 springs in it. There , Handled.

OP
OP
Slow89

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok does anyone want to answer my question regarding an off the shelf TS wga vs an Adam tuned one? If he makes a claim that's it's better shouldn't there be some kind of data to back that theory up?

OP
OP
Slow89

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just call Steve at UPR, get the Turbosmart from him. He will explain it all to you, you will have to take it apart and put the ( 2 ) 7 psi springs in it, the inner and the outer. Lund knows exactly what to to with the wastegate with that set up. He will be able to set your boost for pump gas or race gas with the actuator you get from UPR with the 2 springs in it. There , Handled.
That's what I'm going to do just thought I would ask around and see if Adam could explain a little better outside of "my wga works better.... No data to actually back that up but it's better trust me" answer lol
Sponsored